Chapter Five

Dan felt his stomach drop. He knew, of course, that Phil and Jake were together, that, needless to say, they would do normal 'couple' things. But, he had spent months pushing these thoughts to the back of his mind for the sake of covering up his jealousy. Never had he ever actually seen the two boys so close together. Dan felt sick. His head spun. His breathing quickened and his cheeks flushed a startlingly bright red colour.

It took Phil no more than three seconds to realise that Dan was stood, jaw hanging open, in the doorway. He quickly pulled away from Jake, who sat completely still, staring at Dan.

'Oh! Um... Hi, D-Dan.' Phil stuttered, an embarrassed smile played on his lips. Dan, however, gave no reply and instead turned on his heel and briskly walked towards the front door, grabbing his jacket, keys and wallet on the way out. Phil heard the front door slam closed before glancing down at the leather top that lay crumpled on his bedroom floor. He got up off his bed and went to retrieve it, running the smooth material across his fingertips.

No more than a few seconds later, Phil felt familiar arms wrap around his waist and a pair of soft lips brush across the side of his neck. He tilted his neck back and placed the t-shirt atop a nearby cabinet. In one quick motion he was twirled around and placed on top of Jake's lap, who was sitting comfortably on Phil's bed.

'I feel terrible!' Phil exclaimed, 'But I don't know why Dan acted so harshly. We were only doing normal couple things, weren't we? It's not like this offended Dan in anyway, did it?' Although Phil loved Jake, his best friend meant so much to him. He hoped that Dan was just in shock, and that he would return soon.

'He'll be alright' Jake replied in a comforting tone, 'He's probably just a little bit embarrassed that he intruded. It'd probably be best if I went home, then.'
'Oh please just stay for another ten minutes!' Phil pleaded. He knew that the eerie silence he felt when he was home alone creeped him out, and that if Jake stayed with him for a while longer, he would feel much better.
'Fine' Jake sighed. But he was grinning slightly, and his eyes twinkled like stars when he gazed at Phil.

Phil giggled, then wrapped himself in Jake's arms as if the other boy was a large blanket that he could comfort himself in. Before long, their shirts lay sprawled across the bedroom floor. Phil had his lips pressed against Jake's neck and was slowly moving down Jake's body to his collar bone, then his chest and eventually to the waistband of Jake's jeans.

//

I was supposed to update yesterday but forgot lol