Chapter Twenty Six

Phil's grip on Dan's hand never loosened once throughout their journey home, and he continuously stole glances at Dan's perfect face. Phil fell in love with the way that Dan's smile created little indents either side of his lips. Or the way that the wind knocked a couple strands of hair out of their carefully placed position, giving Dan a perfectly imperfect appearance.

Downwards they rushed, watching as houses passed by them as if on some sort of reel. They were engulfed in their own giddy happiness, letting out occasional giggles at the sheer look of ecstasy on the other's face. Dan's eyes had never looked so bright. The usual deep chocolate brown colour had a twinkling gold tinge.

If you were in the situation Phil was currently in, you may even say that Dan's eyes had captured the sun's rays. Phil, however, would disagree. Dan's eyes would never even attempt to trap as free an entity as the sun's own light. Instead, Dan's eyes were a somewhat playground figure, in which the glorious sunlight ran freely in.

The two boys were dizzy with joy when they stumbled through their door and into the apartment. The couch was cluttered with various charging cables and a pair of MacBooks, the only difference between the two being that one was covered completely in an array of colourful stickers, while the other maintained its clean and shiny exterior.

The couch's contents were briefly swept aside to allow for Phil to sit and pull Dan briskly onto his lap. They locked lips and Phil pulled Dan tighter against himself. Dan was enveloped in Phil's arms and relished the way that Phil's hands were pressed hard against the small of his back, pushing their bodies together. Dan managed to wind his arms behind Phil's neck, moving his thumb slightly to draw little circles on the skin underneath.

An hour later, they were asleep, encompassed in each other's arms. Dan's head rested under Phil's, and his gentle breathing tickled the older boy's collarbone. Their chest rose and fell at different rates, and Dan had an arm draped effortlessly across Phil's abdomen. They remained like this for a while longer, until Dan finally began to stir.

When he woke, Dan could still feel Phil's gentle breathing from underneath him, indicating that Phil was still asleep. Dan disbelievingly recalled the morning's events. From flat out socking Jake in the face, to watching as Phil had exited Jake's flat with effortless poise, to kissing Phil in the streets of London, and finally, falling asleep together on their couch, a tangle of limbs and a snapshot of love.

Not a minute later, Dan acknowledged the persistent rumbling coming from his stomach. He checked the time. The clock read five o'clock. He decided to wake Phil, knowing that Phil would be just as starving as he is.
'Phil,' Dan whispered, quietly at first.
'Phiiiil,' Dan repeated, after receiving no answer the first time.
After being ignored a second time, Dan took to pinching Phil's cheeks and whispering directly into the sleeping boy's ear. A moment later, Phil began to stir.

'Mmm... Dan?' Phil said groggily.
'Phil! I'm so hungry,'
'Yeh,' Phil said mid-yawn, 'me too,'
'Pancakes?' Dan asked. Phil smiled in return, which Dan took as a definite 'yes'.
'Okay, Pancakes it is,' he said, reluctantly prying himself away from Phil's comforting grasp.

//

201 READS THANK YOU SO MUCH <33

ALSO, I THINK IM ALMOST FINISHED WITH THIS FIC SO CHECK OUT MY OTHER ONE CALLED 'DOCTOR'S APPOINTMENTS' AND A (POSSIBLE) UPCOMING FIC WITH SLYTHERIN!PHIL AND HUFFLEPUFF!DAN 

THANKS X