Chapter Twenty Seven

Dan was sieving flower into a large mixing bowl when he felt familiar arms wrap around his waist. He leaned backwards into Phil's welcoming embrace, and Phil let out a pleasant sigh which tickled the back of Dan's neck. Dan retrieved a wooden spoon and began to slowly stir the ingredients while his right hand steadied the bowl. A minute later, Dan felt Phil's lips press lightly on the skin of his neck. He instinctively rolled his head back, allowing Phil more access to the side of his neck. The way Phil moved his lips was so him. He was gentle and slow and benign and the way he kissed Dan reflected his beautiful personality and Dan couldn't love him more.

These thoughts, however, were interrupted by a sudden absence on his neck. Phil had pulled away and was now staring, wide-eyed, and Dan. Slowly, Dan put the bowl down and turned to face Phil, whose eyes quickly fell from Dan to the ground.
'Dan, I-' Phil began, but found he couldn't continue.
'Phil, is everything alright?' Dan asked, concern evident in the way that his voice wavered slightly.

Phil stared into the chocolate brown eyes. Those eyes that at one glance were a warm brown colour, but at two or three glances, flecks of gold could be seen and a caramel colour decorated the inner circle of his irises, because Dan's eyes weren't just 'brown', no; in the sun's absence, they were a deep caramel macchiato with swirling colours. In the early hours of the morning, when the sunlight was streaming through the open blinds, they melted into liquid gold and glistened in the ever-shifting light. Right now, with the sun behind him, Dan' eyes were an elegant copper-shade, bordering on honey-coloured, and Phil was in love with those damn eyes.

'Dan, I love you,' Phil said, barely audible.
Dan stood back and his gaze on Phil's face remained fixed. He had no words for Phil's confession. Mere weeks before, Phil was head over heels in love with Jake. And yet, suddenly, here he was saying that he loves Dan? Sensing Dan's disbelief, Phil persisted.

'I know that Jake and I just broke up, and I know that it's impossible to fall in love with someone in only a few days, but, Dan,' he said, before slowing down, 'Dan, I-I've loved you for so long. So damn long. I just never realised it. Because, it wasn't a smack-you-in-the-face-and-smother-you kind of love, it was more of a just-under-the-surface-always there-but-barely-noticeable kind of love. Or at least, it was barely noticeable until the day you... The day you...You were going to...' Phil couldn't continue and felt as if he had spoken for too long. So, instead of speaking he pressed a slow, gentle kiss on Dan's lips.

Dan was still staring incredulously at Phil as he pulled away. Phil Lester, that gorgeous blue-eyed boy was in love with him. God, how had he gotten so fucking lucky? How in hell was he so fortunate to stumble across the path of an actual angel? Not only that, but he had the opportunity to love and be loved by that angel.

'Dan, I'm begging you, say something!' Phil whined. Dan stared at Phil for a moment longer before making up his mind.
'You're an angel, Phil Lester.' He said, and smiled at the strange expression on Phil face regarding his own choice of words.
'Well, Dan Howell, I'm your angel.' He replied with a giggle.
'I'm also starving, though.' Phil said and glanced at the unattended bowl of pancake mix on the counter.
'Get out of here, then and I'll make you some pancakes.' Dan said with a laugh as Phil practically skipped out of the kitchen.

//

me @ me: shUT UP ABT THEIR EYES HOLY FUCKK

me: *writes another entire paragraph abt eyes because eyes are very pretty and i like their eyes

THIS IS ALMOST FINISHED WOW WHAT A ROLLERCOASTER