Chapter Twenty Four

Sarah was agile and leaped out the way, but Jake wasn't as fast. Dan barrelled into him, hitting him square in the chest. Dan then retracted his fist and forced it downwards to catch Jake directly on the right side of his jaw. He repeated the action, only this time his fist met Jake's nose, and a fountain of blood leaked from his nostril. Dan went for a third punch, but felt a pair of solid arms wrap tightly around his waist before he was yanked violently backwards.

Dan stared up at a pair of brilliant blue eyes.
'Dan, stop!' Phil nearly shouted. There was evident fear in Phil's eyes as he had never seen Dan behave so harshly. 'What the hell are you doing?'
'Phil! I-I...' Dan stuttered, but found that he couldn't form coherent sentences. Jake was still on the floor groaning in pain and clutching a wad of tissue paper that Sarah had just passed him, and was pressing it forcefully against his nose in an attempt to stop the bleeding.

Flashback to fifteen minutes earlier, Phil was showering, enjoying the warm water. He reluctantly turned the shower off, prying himself away from the comforting stream of water, and exited the bathroom with a towel wrapped loosely around his waist. He got dressed quickly, and walked to the kitchen in search of something to eat.
'Dan,' he shouted, 'Are you hungry?' but, his question was met with a heavy silence.
'Dan?' He repeated, louder this time. After shouting another couple times he soon realised than Dan was nowhere in the house. Phil began to panic. Where had Dan gone so quickly that he hadn't had time to inform anyone? Phil picked up his phone, hoping that Dan had at least left him a message. Instead, Sarah's name flashed on his screen.

Hey, Phil. Dan's just arrived here and he looks mildly pissed off. 
Mind stopping by to pick up your boy?

Thanks,
Sarah x

Phil had no time to register Sarah's snarky remark because he was sprinting out the door and praying that a bus would be along soon. He waited only a minute before a bus was rambling along the street, heading straight for the bus stop. Phil jumped aboard and took a seat. He watched the houses pass his field of vision while his head was racked with anxiety.

When the bus finally arrived at Jake and Sarah's, Phil raced to the door. He knew the door was never locked, so without knocking, he swung it open and barrelled through to see Dan sat on top of Jake, bringing his fists down onto the blonde boy's face. Without thinking, Phil was grabbing and tugging at Dan, desperately trying to pry him off of an obviously injured Jake.

Back to the present, and Dan was staring wide-eyed at Phil.
'Dan, are you crazy?' Phil asked, completely bewildered.
'Seems like it,' said Sarah from where she sat beside Jake on the floor.
Phil glared at Sarah, before returning his attention to Dan.
'I was just so fucking angry, Phil,' Dan said, 'I hate him. I hate you, Jake. I hate you and your fucking egotistical way of thinking, and I hate you for what you did to Phil, and I just fucking hate you so fucking much for fuck's sake!' Dan was practically screaming now.

'Dan,' Phil said softly. He picked the devastated boy up off the floor. 'Did you do this for me?'
Dan nodded his head guiltily, refusing to meet Phil's intense gaze.
'I still love you.' Dan replied quietly. Phil pulled Dan into a bone-crushing hug before pulling away again.
'You shouldn't have done this, you know that, right?'
Dan nodded his head again, then turned to Jake.

Jake was on the floor, tears brimming in his eyes. Sarah had a hand planted firmly on Jake's shoulder while the other hung limp at her side.
'Phil,' Jake said. He had to admit, he'd missed Phil so much that it physically hurt. He missed having Phil's arms slung around his waist, or being able to stare relentlessly into the ocean-like eyes.
'Don't.' had been Phil's answer, before he walked out the door with his arm around Dan's side.

//

OKAY SO I THINK I MIGHT PUBLISH MY SLYTHERIN!PHIL AND HUFFLEPUFF!DAN FIC BUT MAYBE NOT IDK IM INDECISIVE ??