Forgiveness

|BAHIYA|

Next day, morning...

I woke up with a tired yawn. I haven't realized how late Makosa and I had stayed out yesterday. I hope his parents won't be upset! Last night was so amazing and turned out to be very romantic. I guess you can call it a "date" with Makosa. It really wasn't suppose to be. It suppose to only be us two best friends just hanging out. But instead it showed a little more.

"Morning sleepy head!" A voice greets.

Standing in front of me is Maha. In her mouth she's holding a piece of zebra meat.

"Good morning Maha. I see you guys hunted without me."

"Well yeah, we couldn't just wait for you to wake up. The Pride is hungry! Me, Auni, and the other teen huntresses went out early dawn to go fetch breakfast. My mother gave her hunting party a break. I managed to hide a piece of meat for you before there wasn't any more left."

Maha sat the meat down in front of my paws. I smile, "Thanks! Even though I could of went out on my own to hunt myself breakfast."

She sat down. "Well, I figured you were tired and must have been up all night. Where were you last night actually? You weren't in the cave with everyone when it was time for bed."

I took a bite from the zebra thigh, chewed, and swallowed. "I was out with Makosa."

Maha gasp and scooted up closer. She whispered, "What?! Where did you guys go and do?"

"I took him to a surprise. I remember when we were cubs he always dreamed of going to see the sun set up close. So I took him to a spot where my grandma use to take me. We watched the sun set together. When it got dark, we stayed longer catching fireflies."

"Awwww, how sweet! Sounds like a romantic date instead of a surprise."

I took another bite of my food. "No, it wasn't a date. Well, sort of...but it wasn't planned or what I had in mind though. I only wanted us to hang out as friends that's it."

"I see. Did you guys kiss?" Maha winks.

"I kissed his cheek before we went inside the cave for bed."

Maha squeals. I burst with laughter. She's such a girly girl.

"Oh my gosh! My friend is in love."

I roll my eyes chuckling. "Not yet. Not until we're married. For now, we're still close friends."

"Might as well say you two kind of are boyfriend and girlfriend. You've both been betrothed a.k.a engaged since cub-hood."

"I know."

Maha smiles wide. "That is so cute! Am I the only one who knows about this?"

"About what?"

"About last night?"

I nod. "Yeah and I want it to stay that way. Please don't tell anyone Maha."

She nods. "Your secret is safe with en Bahiya!"

"Thank you. So uh, how's Auni? I haven't spoken to her since that day we had that argument."

"Oh, she's okay. She asked me the same thing about you earlier too. I think you both should still talk. You guys been best friends since birth! Don't ruin a long lasting friendship over something small. You're like almost sisters!"

I stare down at my paws with a sad sigh. "You're right..."

"You want me to go get her?" Maha asks, standing up.

"No. I'll go since I'm the one that has to apologize. It was my fault for snapping at her like that. Where is she?"

"Waterhole. I remember she told she was going to go get a drink and come back."

"Okay, thanks Maha!"

"No problem!" She smiles.

I got up and exit the cave. I rushed down to the waterhole hoping Auni hasn't left already. With luck, I found her still there sitting. She was lapping the cold water on her soft pink tongue.

Before walking forward, I close my eyes with a sigh. My ears lowered. Well, here goes nothing!

I start taking cautious steps forward. "Auni?"

Auni stopped drinking. Her ears twitched. I watch her turn around seeing me standing an inch or two across from her. She looks puzzled.

"Bahiya? Oh, came to drink?? I was just  now leaving." She said.

Auni was about to walk away, until I had jumped in front of her stopping her in her tracks.

"Bahiya-"

"Auni, please wait. I have something to say."

Auni raise a brow. She looks very concerned. "Which is?"

"I apologize for what happened that day when me and you had our argument. It was very foolish of me to call you out of your name. I was wrong, not you. I take all of the blame and guilt. You were right, the game we all played could have gotten us in trouble or worse killed. I don't know what had gotten over me. I feel so terrible! If you don't forgive me, I totally understand. I just-"

Auni put her paw over my mouth. She laughed. I didn't understand why. What I said wasn't a joke.

"I get it Bahiya. No need for a long explanation. It's okay, I was wrong too! Let's just put this all behind us as if none of this had happened."

"Best friends?"

"Best friends."

We both shook each other's paws and hugged. I smile, "Awesome!"

Finally, I got my friend back...