Bad Morning

•RUDO•

The lines of glares that shot for my eyelids awaked me. I open my eyes with a big yawn. My yawn woke up Maha. She rolls back on her belly and stretch out her furry legs and arms.

"Morning, Princess!"

"Good morning, Rudo!" She smiles.

I stand up onto my four paws and walk out of the cave. I shake out my mane. My hair is always looking crazy whenever I wake up. Early morning mist beginning to clear, dew laden grass and cobwebs, sun rises casting orange and pink onto a thin layer of cloud, birds sing dawn chorus, the animals stir. It's time for me and Maha to head out the jungle and go back to the Pride Lands.

I turn around and walk back inside the cave. "Maha, it's time to go. You wanted to be back home before full sunrise correct?"

She stands up with a nod. "Yeah, lets go!"

We both run out the cave. I lead the way towards the jungle's exit. Last night was fun. Now, it's time to return home. We made it to the desert now. I stop running and slightly jog.

"It's daytime now, the desert heats up quickly. We're going to have to pick up the pace. Are you okay with that Princess?"

"Yes."

I start back running again. Maha follows behind. Our paw prints are trailing behind us leaving a mark on the desert's sandy land. Soon it'll be all dusted away by the wind. I see green lush close ahead. We're almost to the Pride Lands. Finally! Because I am so thirsty.

"Home!" Maha beams.

She picks up her running pace faster than mines and had cut in front of me. I can feel the grass underneath my paws now. We've made it safely and right on time before sunrise.

Maha stops running to catch her breath. I do the same thing but continue walking ahead of her to find some water. I am desperate.

"Rudo where are you going?" Maha asks.

"To find water, I am so thirsty from that desert run."

"The watering hole is the other way. Let me take you!"

Maha walks the opposite direction. I turn around and follow her through the tall grasses. Once I spot the watering hole ahead, I leap forward and drink.

Ahhhh, fresh cold water...

Maha lap up some water too. She then stops, raising up her head. Droplets drip from off her muzzle. Her left ear twitches.

"Do you hear that, Rudo?" She asks me.

I stop drinking. "No?"

Suddenly...

"ROOOOAAAARRRR!!!"

I was tackled hard on the ground falling on my back. On top of me I see very sharp teeth and fangs.

"Kion?" Maha questions. "Get off of him!" She yells.

Kion?