A Whole New World

AUTHOR'S NOTE: This morning I woke up and decided to write you guys another chapter. Yay! So I logged into Wattpad and saw that this book now has 1K reads. Whoaaaa, that was pretty fast!!! :D Thank you alllllll so much who took their time of their day to read this book. I try to make it as entertaining as possible! ^.^ You may now scroll down below and enjoy this brand new short chapter.

*

*

*

   •RUDO

After mother had shared with us some of her past stories, Maha and I decided to go for a walk together.

"I like your mom a lot. She's so sweet and welcoming! I am still shocked that she knows about my family and the kingdom." Maha said.

I chuckle and nod. "Yeah, I was shocked jus as you Maha. She never told me that. I didn't even know what the Pride Lands are until you had told me. It sounds so beautiful...you know, your world.."

"It is. There's so much life living there its crazy!"

"I know. I wish you could show me your world like I showed you mines. But I wouldn't risk you getting into any trouble."

Maha looks down and thinks. "Hmm, I guess I can sneak you in Rudo. But you have to stay quiet and blend in. Can you do that?"

I nod my head excitedly. "Yeah, yeah of course! Oh, thanks Maha."

"You're welcome. I'll give you a short tour, follow me this way!"

We both make a right turn pass a large tree walking to the direction of her home called the "Pride Lands". While walking, Maha gives me a history of her home and how it got it's name. She said her great-great grandfather "Mohatu" was the first King of the Pride Lands. He found the land first. No one ruled so he taken charge. With luck, he also found four lionesses who lived there too. They were all living freely. They trusted Mohatu as their leader. He said he will give them a pride full of peace and hope. One of the lionesses was named, "Tinashe". She is also Maha's great-great grandmother. She was the most beautiful of all and soon married Mohatu becoming his Queen. Later Tinashe birthed a boy who was named, "Ahadi". The first born Prince in the Pride Lands.

"Wow, so that's how it all started huh?" I ask.

Maha nods with a smile. "Yup! Cool isn't it? My great grandfather Ahadi married my great grandmother Uru. Their cubs are Taka and Mufasa. Mufasa is my grandfather. Mufasa married my grandmother Sarabi. Their only cub is Simba. Simba is my father, who passed. He married his childhood best friend Nala my mother. They have three cubs. Kiara, Kion, and me. My sister Kiara and her husband Kovu are now the current rulers of the Pride Lands. They have two cubs. Heri and Makosa my nephews. Heri died so now it left one cub. Their only NOW son Makosa will rise as the new King after Kovu's passing. He's betrothed to Bahiya, his childhood friend."

"That's a big family tree!"

"Haha, yes! It is a lot to keep up."

I smile. "It must be pretty cool to be royalty huh? All the free service and servants. The guards protecting you every where you go. Everyone wouldn't have a choice but to listen and bow down to you!"

"It is kind of cool, but its not as what you think Rudo. It's more to it..."

"Like?"

"Well, the whole kingdom looks up to you. I may not be next in line for throne but I still have to do my small part as Princess."

"I see."

Later after the tour, Maha walked me back home.

"Today was so fun! I learned a lot. Your world is so big and fascinating. I wish I can come here all the time or even better live here. That way we could see each other everyday."

"We still can see each other Rudo."

I look unsure. "How? You said you couldn't-"

She cuts my sentence off. "Don't worry, I'll think of something. But I have to hurry home now. My family or friends are probably wondering where I am."

"Okay. It was nice seeing you again Maha!"

"You too!"

We both went our separate ways.