Odd Friendship

ISHARA•

"Gotcha now Kosa!"

"Grrrrr, not for long Ishara!"

Makosa and I are both play fighting on top of Pride Rock to test our skills. So far I am the current one who's been winning.

"Hey Ishara, what's that over there?" Makosa points.

I shake my head with laughter. "Oh no, I am not falling for that one again!" I bite on his left ear.

"No really look!"

"Hiiiiii Isharaaaa!!!" A voice yells.

My ears twitch. I look over my shoulder seeing my other best friend Kisima running forward.

I smile wide. "Kisima!"

Not paying any attention, Makosa quickly hit his paw at my face. I fall down on my right side.

"Ah, Kosa you cheated!"

Makosa laughs pinning me down. "I win!"

Kisima pounces up to us both. "What are you guys up to?"

"Fighting to boost up our energy level and skills." I push Makosa off me so I can get back up on my four paws. "What about you?" I smile.

"Oh nothing. I had spent the whole afternoon with my mother. I was finally able to escape hehe..."

"I understand. Mothers will be mothers!"

Makosa rolled his eyes. "And also annoying too."

Kisima giggles and pinches Makosa's furry cheeks. "Awwww Makosa, it's okay to be a mommy'a boy!"

He swat her paws away. "Stoooooop!" He whines.

Kisima and I both die of laughter. Makosa frowns with his arms crossed not finding any of it amusing at all.

Speaking of mothers...

"Makosaaaaa!!!" A voice calls.

It's the Queen. Makosa rolls his eyes for the second time. He sighs, "Yes, mother?"

The Queen comes forward. Kisima and I quickly bow our heads giving respect. The Queen nods and chuckle.

"You guys don't always have to bow to me every time." She says.

I smile. "I know. My mother taught me to always give respect to our strong leaders."

The Queen pat her paw on my head. "Hmm, she raised you well Ishara. Where is she by the way? I was looking for her earlier."

"Last time I was with her she was with your mother and Maha behind Pride Rock."

"Interesting. I went there and didn't find her. Maybe she went hunting with the others."

I nod. The Queen turn her head away from me now meeting her reddish brown eyes with Kisima's garnet colored ones.