The Past

MAHA

Rudo and I had just came back home from our morning drink at the watering hole. I can see a large crowd of lions circling around something or someone.

"I wonder whats going on?" Rudo questions.

I shrug as we climb up Pride Rock. "I dont know, but lets go find out."

Rudo nodded and follow my lead up the magnificent rock. When we made it halfway to its peak, we were stopped by my sister. She has an exciting smile splattered across her face.

I raise a brow. "Um, Kiara? What's going on here?? Why is everyone gathered around???"

"Vitani is back home that's what!" She responded, with much excitement.

My eyes widen. "Vitani? As in Tani?! No way..."

"VITANI!"

Kiara called Vitani over. She pushed her way through the crowd and stand beside Kiara. Her blue eyes had met with my teal colored ones.

"OH MY GOSH YOU ARE REALLY HERE!!" I beam. I pounce on her like a playful cub. Vitani falls down with a laugh.

''Hey there, Maha! I am so glad to see you too honey. You've grown so much taller and very pretty like your mother." She comments.

I got off her so she could stand. I nod, "Yeah. I remember I was just a teenager when you had left. Look how time flies! What made you come back?"

"My family, friends, and fellow pride sisters. I guess I got pretty homesick! The Pride Lands is where I truly belong."

"Well, its great having you back. The hunting party could use your great skills and powerful strength again! Where is Kopa? Is he still around or you guys...?"

Vitani chuckles. "Yes, Kopa and I are still together. We have our own family now! One girl and two boys. They just left with Bahiya and Auni on a tour around the Pride Lands. They should be back soon! Kopa had went some place else around here."

My eyes start to water. Not with sadness, but with joy and much happiness. I am so proud of Vitani. She deserves it! Especially after everything she has gone through. Her and Kovu had both experienced a bad past. This is so good for her! Finally, she can be officially free and happy without any worry or guilt holding her back. I had totally for that Rudo is standing next to me. I was so happy to see Vitani after so many years, that I meant to introduce the two.

"Vitani, this is my best friend Rudo." I introduce, while standing aside for the two to shake paws.

Rudo gave her a friendly smile. "Hello, nice to meet you. Are you two related?"

I shake my head. "No not by blood. But she is still considered both Kiara and I sister in law, thanks to Kovu marrying my sister."

"Wow, what a big family tree!"

We all laugh.

"Well, we're going to leave you two both alone. Catch you around later Maha!" said Kiara.

Kiara walks off with Vitani beside her. I wave until they are gone.

"You have such a big family, Maha." Rudo says, while laying down.

"I know. I am so lucky..."

I lay next to him closely while staring down at the beautiful wide kingdom. We are both laying at the edge of Pride Rock. Up here you can see everything. I use to do this all the time with my father. I smile at the memory.

Rudo notice and grins. "What are you smiling about?"

"Oh nothing. I am just remembering a time when I was a cub and my father and I would be up here too watching the kingdom, or he would tell me a story about his childhood."