Chapter 13

Garroth

I watched Laurence as he looked at the ground looking lost for the correct words to say. "Garroth....What if its a trap?" He finally asked. "What?!" I practically yelled.

"I...I'm just scared....I didn't think it would go like this...I'm scared of what will happen to me...to us" He said looking away. Seeing him like this made him look so more...alive...

"If anyone wants to do anything to you...then they'll have to go thru me first" I said. I grabbed his arm and pulled him into a embrace.

"I swear on my life that I will protect you against anyone and everyone!" I said. He heistently hugged me back accepting the embrace I started.

"You two going to join us or you going to have a makeout session?" Travis said interrupting the moment. "Well thanks for cockblocking!" I said turning towards him. He just winked before walking back towards the front.

"Lets go follow..." Laurence said smiling. "Agreeable" I said walking by his side.

"Oh hey! When you said you had a backup plan....what was it?" Laurence asked. "...The best things in life are usually kept in the past...Domt worry about it unless we have too" I said.

***Memory***

"Hey Laurence, I got a surprise for you!" I said staring at the younger version of him. "What is it?" He asked getting closer to see what I had.

"Mwah!" I said kissing his nose. He squeaked in shock and cover his face. "Ewww that's disgusting!" Little Dante said. He had Travis and Gene (his older brother before he became a shadow knight) by his side.

"So?! Its my liwe to do what I want Dante! You cant tell me what to do! I love Laurence for who he is and his amazing personality! If your not ok with it sooo be it!" I argued.

Dante just growled and stormed off having Travis and Gene to follow close behind. "D-did you really mean it?" Laurence asked quietly.

"Of course I meant it! Why wouldnt  I?!"

******

"Garroth, Lady Aphmau wants to speak to Laurence and you alone" Katelyn said as we reached the door.

"We'll be there..." I said. Laurence was heasitent to go in. I grabbed his hand and held it, hoping he will be conforted by it.

He was.