Chapter 2

Chapter 2

~Eliana's P.O.V.~

It was quiet, almost too quiet, not even the tree's were whispering to me. It made me uneasy and restless. The sun shone brightly through the window, lightly lifting my spirits, but not enough. There was a time where I could go outside all the time, but now I couldn't I didn't understand why though. My parents never told me anything. I sighed lightly as I left my room and headed for the library. As I made my way towards the library I could hear voices speaking through the other side of the doors.

"But my King...you must let her go...if you do not then Eliana will suffer a much worse fate here than that of her true destiny" An old voice, almost mystical said lightly.

"But i can not...Eliana is the only heir to the throne of Linfia and if i let her go then i would lose her forever...please Destiny...there has to be another way" My father spoke lightly.

"There is not my King...but you must let her know now...now that she has over heard our conversation"The old voice said.

My heart froze and I panicked, I tried to run and hide but I was discovered by me father.

"Eliana!..."My father shouted. "Come here please" My father said strictly.

I put my head down , ashamed of myself for being caught. My father held out his hand and I accepted it. He quickly escorted me into the library where there, standing at the balcony was a beautiful elf. She wore a long and beautiful gown. the woman's hair was dark, and her skin was light and she gave off a radiant glow. The woman smiled when she saw me enter to library.

"Hello Eliana Rosewood" Her voice, that old voice mystical voice spoke to me sweetly.

"Hello" I responded kindly to her as I lightly bowed my head.

"I bet you are wondering who I am? Aren't you?...Well I am The Prophet for your father...I go by many names but the one that I am most familiar with is Destiny" She said as she took slow steps toward me.

"Destiny? you are a Prophet? A Prophet for what" I asked curiously.

"Give me your hand my dear and you shall see" Destiny held out her hand and waited for me to touch her.

I looked at her hand a bit worried of what would happen, but i knew that I had to do it. I slowly outstretched my hand and when the tip of my fingers lightly touched her hand she felt so warm. I slowly placed the rest of my hand on hers and I saw that Destiny had closed her eyes. When she did I felt as if I was being rushed through many memories, but they weren't memories, they were predictions of the future. I saw myself, traveling past the walls of Linfia, and then I saw myself, dying slowly in the arm's of an elloth. The rest of the predictions pasted by too quickly for me to see them, but when Destiny released my hand I took a sudden gasp of air.

"What you just saw my dear is your destiny...you Eliana Rosewood must travel beyond these walls of Linfia and save our kind from a great evil that will destroy us all...you and only you are destined to save Linfia" Destiny said with a grave tine.

I quickly turned to my father and saw that his face grew pale as if he did not want me to know this.

"So why didn't you tell me this father? Why didn't you tell me this long ago?" I spoke lightly.

"Your mother and I did not want you to find out...we thought that it would be best to keep you safe by locking you in your room...but I was sadly mistaken" My father looked down, disappointingly.

I flinched lightly at the mention of my mother, I had not seen her since the day she died trying to give birth to my new brother, but sadly she and the baby did not live. Now its only me and my father.

"Father...if it is foretold by a prophet then we have no choice...I must go and help...but we have to agree on the same thing...please father...you must let me go" I said lightly as i looked deep into my father's eyes.

I saw fear and sadness within them. My father lightly placed a hand on my cheek and he smiled weakly.

"You look so much like your mother Eliana...but you are right...you have no choice but to go...and I as a King must do whats right for the people...you must go..but as a father...I do not want to see my only child go off and risk her life I want you to be safe Eliana"

"I will be safe father...I promise you that"

"Then you will go" My father said simply as he left the library.

"then it is settled...you will go to Rivendell...good luck to you Princess" Destiny said happily before she vanished in thin air.