Chapter 38

Chapter 38

~Eliana's P.O.V.~

The funeral for Theodred was held at dawn. I watched along with the others as Theodred was buried. I saw Eowyn and many of the villagers weep over the dead prince. King Theoden was taking it harder. He had to bury his son, his only son. I gave Theoden a warm smile and I heard Eowyn fall on the ground crying, weeping for Theodred. As Theodred was lowered into the ground I could feel the emotions of everyone. It was making me feel distressed and upset. I lightly pressed my head on Legolas's warm chest as more and more villagers suffered through the funeral. As the sun slowly rose the villagers one by one slowly enter Edoras. I was glad to be away from all the weeping villagers. The Fellowship had stayed behind with Gandalf and Theoden. We remained silent as we all watched Theoden as he remained still as he held a single flower in his hands.

"Simbelmyne...ever has it grown on the tombs of my forebears...now it shall cover the grave of my son...alas that these evil days should be mine...the young perish and the old linger...that I should live to see the last days of my house" Theoden said as he let the flower drop from his hands and onto his sons grave.

"Theodred's death was not of your making" Gandalf said in a reassuring tone.

"No parent should have to bury their child" The poor sorrow filled king crumbled to the ground, sobbing.

His grief was to much to handle, it was filling the air around me. I felt a hand on my back and I turned to see Sadaron.

~We should go and give him time to grieve alone~ Sadaron whispered quietly.

Legolas nodded his head and he lead me back into the village along with Gimli and Aragorn. Once we had entered the main hall we wad sat quietly waiting for Gandalf and Theoden. I slowly looked at Sadaron who was sitting by himself in a dark corner. Legolas had released me and lightly shoved me towards Sadaron.

~Go...you have to forgive him~ Legolas whispered lightly in my ear.

I smiled lightly and made my way towards Sadaron who only gave me a strange look. I sat down beside him and took him in a loving embrace.

~I am sorry Sadaron~ I told him.

~Why are you apologizing? When I should be the one who should be sorry~

~I am apologizing because I had chosen to ignore you...it was wrong of me to do so...it's just that you--~

~I saw fear in your eyes the day I yelled at you...I knew why you were scared...it's because of HIM~ Sadaron spoke lightly as he pushed away from me. ~I am like him Eliana...I can feel it everyday...I feel him growing stronger...I can feel it consume me...I am afraid that if I am over taken then I will no longer have a reason to live~

~Sadaron...you are nothing like HIM.....you are different unique...you have a heart and you do have reasons to live Sadaron...you have me and you have our people to help~

~No Eliana...they are your people...not mine~

~It does not matter Sadaron...you are my brother and you have Linfian blood running through your veins...they are your people just as much as they are mine...as siblings we must work together to save our people~ I said quickly as I placed my hand on my brothers cold cheek. ~Will you forgive me Sadaron for ignoring you?~

Sadaron smiled and took my hand in his. ~Only if you forgive me for yelling at you~

I laughed lightly and kissed Sadaron's forehead. ~I will always forgive you Sadaron...you are my younger brother after all~ I smiled lightly.

Sadaron's spirits were raised and I noticed that he was much happier now that we had forgiven one another. I could see Legolas smiling with satisfaction beside Aragorn who was casually smoking his pipe. I heard Sadaron laugh at Gimli who was eating a plate of food sloppily, it felt nice to hear my brother laugh again.Then my attention was drawn to the door. Theoden entered and took his seat by his throne beside Gandalf. Then Eowyn came into the room with two children. Eowyn had these two kids, a small boy and a young girl some blankets and each something to eat.

"They had no warning...they were unarmed now the wild men are moving through the westfold burning as they go rick cot and tree" Eowyn said as she wrapped the girl in a blanket.

"Where is momma?" The little girl asked.

"Shh" Eowyn said lightly next to the girl.

I quietly made my way to Legolas's side as Theoden rubbed his temples.

"This is but a taste of the terror that Saruman will unleash all the more potent for he is driven mad by fear of Sauron...ride out and meet him head on...draw him away from your women and children...you must fight!" Gandalf said as he turned to Theoden.

"You have two thousand good men riding north as we speak...Eomer is loyal to you...his men will return and fight for their king" Aragorn said.

Theoden quickly got up in frustration. "They will be three hundred leagues from here by now...Eomer cannot help us...I know what it is you want of me...but I will not bring further death to my people...I will not risk open war"

"Open war is upon you whether you would risk it or not" Aragorn declared.

With Aragorn's comment Theoden turned and walked towards Aragorn. "When last I looked Theoden...not Aragorn was King of Rohan"

"Then will the King of Rohan make a poor decision for his people...you must be wise about this King Theoden...when open war is upon you you must choose the right choice and fight...not be a cowardice king who runs from war" I said clearly to the king.

Theoden's eyes shot back at me with clear anger, Sadaron had a slight smile when he saw that I had angered the king. Legolas on the other hand had given me a stern look.

"Would you care to repeat those words Lady Eliana?" Theoden hissed out trying to keep calm.

"What is your decision King Theoden?" I said calmly.

There was silence for a few minutes, but then Theoden opened his mouth to say. "We make for Helms Deep"