Chapter 4

Chapter 4

~Eliana's P.O.V.~

It's been a week and I am still traveling through the deep forest. I didn't mind though, the trees were really good company to me. Every now and then they would whisper things to me just to cheer me up. It was a long journey ahead of me and I did not want to turn back now. I quietly listened to the trees as they told me to stop riding and to take a break by a near by river. I dismounted Amaya for a while and I allowed her to take a drink from the river. I sat down on a rock and looked up towards the sky. The wind blew lightly, making sounds of music as it blew through the leaves in the tree. I smiled lightly as I heard the trees lightly singing to me. I couldn't help but to hum along. As I hummed lightly I could hear the sound of a carriage riding close near by. I turned around lightly and saw an old man in gray. I looked at him curiously as he stopped the carriage and he turned his attention to me.

"Hello...Are you lost?" He said simply as he smoked on a pipe.

"No...I-I am not lost..." I said, a bit unsure if I could trust this old man. "Who are you?"

The old man looked at me with unbelieving eyes. Then he gave out a soft laugh.

"I am Galdalf the Gray" He said proudly. "And you my dear?"

"Gandalf the Gray?...you are a wizard are you not?"

"I am" He blew out a puff of smoke from his pipe.

"My name is Eliana Rosewood of Linfia" I said as I gave a slight curtsy.

"A Linfian Elf? I thought your kind were...how can I put this...extinct?" He said with quite a shock.

"Most people think that...but please...can you please tell me how far Rivendell is from here?"

"Oh my dear Rivendell is quite a few days away from here...why are you traveling alone? an elleth shouldn't be traveling alone there are many dangers in the forests you know"

"I understand Master Wizard...but the trees would warn me well if there is danger anywhere" I smiled.

"Well then...if you would like I could take you somewhere where you could rest easy and have a decent meal...its only a few minutes away...I am sure my friends would give you a nice warm place" Gandalf offered.

I smiled again at his kindness. The trees around me where whispering to me saying to trust his and I did. I smiled and took Amaya's reins and I mounted her quickly.

"Thank you Master Wizard...that would be greatly appreciated" I said kindly.

Gandalf rode off slowly and I followed him quietly, listening to him sing lightly. As we rode off into the small dirt road I could see around us many beautiful trees that were the most brilliant shade of green. This place seemed peaceful, and so tranquil.

"You're late" I heard someone say.

When I turned to my left I saw a small child, an adorable creature. He had lovely blue eyes and dark curly hair.

"A wizard is never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to" Gandalf said with a straight face.

Both Gandalf and this Frodo character looked at each other with straight faces, that was until they both started laughing.

"It's wonderful to see you Gandalf!" Frodo said happily as he leaps from the edge of the small ledge and into Gandalf's arms.

Gandalf continues to laugh with Frodo as they embrace each other in a loving hug. "You didn't think I would miss your uncle Bilbo's birthday" Gandalf laughed again.

Frodo quickly looked towards me and gave me a curious look. "Who is this?" Frodo asked Gandalf.

"This, Frodo is Eliana Rosewood...she is an Linfian Elf"

"A Linfian? What are they?" Frodo asked me curiously.

I giggled lightly at his responce. "I shall tell you later if you would like" I offered.

"Alright" Frodo said as he smiled.

"Frodo...Eliana has been traveling for days...do you think that your uncle could allow Eliana to stay with you and him for a while?" Gandalf asked.

"Yes...I am sure uncle Bilbo wouldn't say no" Frodo laughed.

I smiled when I saw that this place was full of many happy spirits.