Chapter 5

Chapter 5

~Eliana's P.O.V.~

I followed Gandalf through the rode and didn't bother to listen to his conversation with Frodo. I was too busy having a much delightful conversation with the trees. I even laughed lightly when they started to sing again. They were singing the song of Linfia. It made me happy to hear the song of my home land.

"Gandalf..." Frodo said quickly, gaining my attention. "I'm glad your back" He said as he jumped off the carriage.

"So am I dear boy...so am I " Gandalf said as he waved goodbye to Frodo. "Oh...Eliana...we are almost at Bilbo Baggin's house" Gandalf said as he looked back at me with a smile.

Gandalf drove the carriage up a curved hill and brought it to a steady stop and when he left the carriage I stopped Amaya and dismounted her. I gently patted her side and kissed her nose. Gandalf waited for me at the gates. When I joined him he went through the gated and knocked on the door with his staff.

"No thank you! We don't want any more visitors! Well wisher! or distant relations! " a mans voice spoke loudly through the door.

"And what about very old friends?" Gandalf said proudly.

Then the lock on the door was heard opening and the door was opened to reveal an old halfling.

"Gandalf?" The halfling asked curiously.

"Bilbo Baggins" Gandalf kneeled down with open arms.

"Dear Gandalf!" Bilbo quickly gave Gandalf a loving hug and laughed happily.

"Good to see you...one hundred and eleven years old who wouldn't believe it?...you haven't aged a day" Gandalf laughed along with Bilbo. "Bilbo...this is Eliana Rosewood of the realm of Linfia...and she is in need of a place to rest...would you mind in giving her a room and a meal or two?" Gandalf asked as he placed a gently hand on the small of my back.

"Oh of course!.....Come on Come in!" Bilbo happily waved his hands as he went inside his small home.

I carefully lowered my head as I went through the door. I looked around and smiled, this small hous was simply adorable. It was so well made in its design.

"Welcome Welcome!" Bilbo quickly closed the door and locked it "There we are" Bilbo quickly took Gandalf's staff and hat and he took my cloak and hang it on the coat hanger. "Tea? or maybe something a little stronger? I got a few bottles of the old wingier left 1296 very good year almost as old as I am" Bilbo said with a strong laugh."it was lied down by my father!" Bilbo ran through the halls of his home. "Whats say we open one ay?"

"Just tea for me and Eliana" Gandalf said as he backed up into Bilbo's chandelier, almost making it fall, but instead he backed away and hit his head against the wall.

"Are you alright Galdalf?" I said quickly.

"Yes yes I am fine" He said as he looks straight at me. His expression was lost in thought when he looked at my mothers circlet. "Tell me my dear...where did you get that circlet?"

"I-It was my mothers...it was given to my by her when I was born why?"

"Your mother? and who was she?"

"My mother was Queen Eldrid"

"Queen Eldrid? then that makes you of royal blood? Tell me Eliana...why is it that a princess travels alone in the forest going to Rivedell...there must be more for you to tell me isn't there?" Gandalf looked at me with intimidating eyes.

"Perhaps another time Master Gandalf...I am weary from my traveling...I should rest" I said quietly.

Bilbo quickly came around the corner.

"Oh Master Bilbo...is it alright if you could show me to the room I'll be staying in...I am quite tired and wish to rest" I said quickly not giving Gandalf another glance.

"Oh yes...just follow me...now your room is here" Bilbo said as he opened a door to a small room. "And the washroom is right down the hall if you'd like to bathe" Bilbo said kindly.

"Thank you Master Bilbo" I smiled.

"Your very welcome miss" Bilbo replied kindly as he left to prepare his tea for Gandalf.