Chapter 44

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

Chapter 44

~Eliana's P.O.V.~

I was helping Gimli out of the chainmail and I managed to get him situated with a new set. Then a loud horn was heard clear in the sky. I focused on listening to the horn and found it was too familiar.

"That is no Orc horn!" I heard Legolas say excitedly as he quickly ran out of the room with the others following him. I didn't know what to do, and I didn't want to be in this room alone so I quickly followed the others. It was then that they had stopped. There were standing in front of a group of Elven warriors dressed in dark cloaks. I watched as an all too familiar elf stood in front of Theoden proudly.

"How is this possible?" Theoden whispered to himself.

"I bring word from Elrond of Rivendell...An alliance once existed between elves and men...long ago we fought and died together...we come to honor that allegiance" Haldir dais proudly.

"Haldir!" I said excitedly and I leapt into his arms taking him into a friendly hug.

~Mae govannen Haldir!~ Aragorn said as he was next to hug Haldir. "You are most welcome!"

Legolas then clasped Haldir's shoulders and Haldir did the same. Sadaron only glared at Haldir, wanting nothing to do with him.

"We are proud to fight alongside men once more" Haldir said to Theoden as he looked at the elves in wonder and amazement.

I was standing there beside the elves of Lorien, looking straight into the distance as I saw faint torch lights in the distance. Legolas was standing beside me with Gimli to his left. Sadaron was on my right looking straight at the moving enemy.

"You could have picked a better spot!" I heard Gimli grunt out as he tried to look past the wall ahead of him by jumping up and down.

I saw Legolas smirk slightly at the now irritated dwarf, and I smiled slightly. Soon the sound of marching was growing louder, yells could be heard from the Uruk-Hai and now the torches could be seen to the human eyes. The air grew tense around me as everyone waited patiently. My attention was brought to Aragorn who slowly walked up to us as he looked at the enemy.

"Well lad...whatever luck you live by let's hope it lasts the night" Gimli said as he looked at the wall ahead of him.

Lightning flashed through the sky as it illuminated the outline of the Uruk-Hai. Everything was silent, but then thunder broke through the sky, breaking the silence.

"Your friends are with you Aragorn" Legolas said, not taking his eyes off the army.

"Let's hope they last the night" Gimli grumbled.

Aragorn smiled at the dwarf's remark and walked away. Another clash of lightning and thunder broke through the sky, lighting up the sky momentarily. Then rain begins to fall, hard, soaking me to the core.

"This just gets better and better...I wonder what will happen next" Sadaron said sarcastically as he held his bow tighter.

The large mass of Uruk-Hai stood a few yards away from the great stone wall of Helms Deep. The air was getting colder as the rain fell down harder on everyone. I took a quick glance at Legolas who only held my hand tightly.

~A eruchin dano i faelas a hyn an uben tanatha le faelas~ I heard Aragorn yell to the elves.

An Uruk-Hai then screeched into the air. It could be heard for miles, and it made me think, this was the leader for this large army.

"What's happening out there?" Gimli asked as he continued to jump up and down again.

"Shall I describe it to you...or would you like me to find you a box?" Legolas said as he turned his attention to Gimli.

Gimli only laughed at Legolas's remark and I laughed as well.

"Let's play our little game tonight Gimli" Legolas said to Gimli, making me to listen carefully as I was interested.

"Alright! I'll beat that pretty little elf face of yours in front of your lass!" Gimli growled with excitement.

"You can try" Legolas scoffed out.

"What game?" I asked.

"A competition...to see who the better race is" Gimli said. "Whoever kills the most orcs is the better race" Gimli finished.

I was interested to be truthful. I wanted to join, I heard Sadaron laugh when Gimli finished.

"I want to join" I said quickly.

Legolas and Gimli both glanced at each other, and Sadaron was laughing harder which irritated me, and I wanted to irritate him and I knew just how to do it.

"What? What's so funny?" I asked.

"This is more of a man's sport" Gimli said.

"So...are you afraid to lose to a woman?" I asked and Gimli snapped his head towards me and growled.

"Fine...you can join!" Gimli growled angrily.

"I smiled happily. "So...what's the prize for the winner?" I asked.

"Respect for the better race" Legolas said as he looked at me with his loving blue eyes.

I smiled and nodded in agreement. Sadaron was still laughing when I was able to join, so I made things a bit more interesting.

~Legolas...let's make things a bit more exciting for us...if you win...then you can have me...and if I win you get nothing~ I said with a seductive smile playing at my lips.

Legolas only smiled slightly at my offer, and Sadaron stopped laughing and glared coldly at me and then to Legolas. I knew that would irritate him, I smiled in my success.

~You have a deal Eliana...I will win...and you will be my prize~ Legolas said with a smirk playing on his lips.

~You will do nothing to lay a hand on Eliana Legolas~ Sadaron hissed angrily.

~Sadaron...this is my choice...now respect it and respect me for it~ I said as I turned my attention to both Gimli and Legolas. "Good luck boys...you're going to need it" I said as I looked out to the Uruk-hai who were banding their spears on the ground, trying to intimidate us.

Then all of a sudden, one of the Uruk's fell to the ground, dead, causing uproar in the army of Uruk-Hai. They all charged angrily, ready for war, ready to kill whatever was in the way of their conquer.

"So it begins" I whispered silently to myself as I readied my bow with an arrow. Now all we had to do was wait and make it through the night for my backup.