Chapter 34

Chapter 34

~Eliana's P.O.V.~

Three hard days were spent running, we were all worried and weary, but we untimatly knew that we had to save Merry and Pippin. I did not want to see another friend die. Legolas had not left my side ever since the day Boromir had died. It was thoughtful of him to do so, it was one of the many things I loved about him. We had stopped to for a few seconds as Aragorn had his head lying on a rock as he quietly listened for the Uruks.

"Their pace quickens they must have caught our scent hurry!" Aragorn stated as he continued running.

"Come on Gimli!" Sadaron yelled from behind to the struggling dwarf.

"Three day's and night's pursuit..no food...no rest...and no sign of our quarry but what bare rock can tell" Gimli grunted out as he kept running.

I laughed lightly at his remark and kept moving. We had ran until the sun was high in the sky. I was begining to grow tired, but I had to keep moving. We had stopped by a small crevase that lay in betwoon two rocky sides. Aragorn was crouched to the ground and he picked up something. I looked instantly at what it was, it was the leaf broach from Lorien.

"Not idly do the leaves of Lorien fall" Aragorn said as he looked up at Legolas.

"They may yet be alive" Legolas said lightly as he went back to my side.

"Less than a day ahead of us come!" Aragorn stated as he ran again. Legolas and I followed close behind him.

"Come Gimli! we are gaining on them" Sadaron said as he ran up ahead of the strugling dwarf.

"I wish that on crosscountry we dwarves were natural sprinters very dangerous over short distances" Gimli growled and continued to run.

I could hear Legolas chuckly lightly as he heard what Gimli said. We had kept running until we had reached a hill. Legolas had perched himself on top of a mount anf I had done the same. I had looked around and saw that the land of Rohan was a vast vally with very few trees, which hardly spoke at all. I took a deep breath and looked at Legolas who seemed focused.

"Rohan home of the horse lords there's something strange at work here. some evil gives speed to these creatures sets it's will against us" Aragorn said quietly to himself. "Legolas...what do your elf eyes see?" Aragorn shouted over to Legolas.

"The Uruks turned northeast...they are taking the hobbit's to Isengard!" Legolas shouted over to Aragorn.

"Saruman" I heard Aragorn whisper quietly. "Eliana...and the trees? what do they say?"

I remained silent and begged what little bit of trees to tell me news of Merry and Pippin's where abouts. Then one of the trees spoke up lightly.

"They say the Uruks are growing tired...they will need to stop soon to rest" I said quietly. "We must hurry" I stated.

Aragorn nodded his head and we were off again. The sun began to set in the sky and I looked back towards Gimli who was breathing deeply.

"Keep breathing that's the key! Breathe! Ho!" Gimli said as he took many deep breaths.

"They run as if the very whips of their masters were behind them" Legolas said as he ran faster.

We continued to run throughout the night and as the sun was begining to rise I looked at the vibrant color. It was red. I gasped and turned to Legolas.

"A red sun rises blood has been spilt this night" Legolas said quietly.

I froze in my spot and thought of Merry and Pippin. They could not be dead. They have to be alive. We continued to run until we reached a clearing. Then a loud sound of horses riding was heard in the air. Aragorn quickly ushered us behind a large rock where we stayed hidden until we saw riders pass by. Aragorn looked back at us and left.