Chapter 49

Chapter 49

~Legolas's P.O.V.~

Eliana was asleep; her breathing was soft and even. I smiled and shifted on the bed gently so I would not wake her. I looked at the window and saw that it was dark now. The stars were hiding behind dark clouds. I carefully got up and dressed myself, before I left Eliana's room I placed a soft kiss on her lips and headed to the room that I shared with the others. Most of them were asleep, all but Aragorn was in the room. I quickly placed my Lorien cloak over my head before heading outside, something was unsettling with me, and I did not bother to try to rest. I stood outside, keeping my eyes out for any sigh of movement in the dark, but I was distracted my footsteps approaching me.

~Where is Eliana? ~ Sadaron questioned.

I smiled lightly at the very sound of her name. ~I thought you were asleep~ I said looking straight into the dark abyss.

~I was...but you work me~ Sadaron said as he stood beside me.

~Forgive me...I did not mean to~

~It's alright...I will forgive you for awakening me but I will not forgive you for doing what you did to Eliana~

I smirked slightly. ~I do not ask for your forgiveness for that... it was something we both wanted...and you can deny it as much as you would like Sadaron...it won't change how I feel about Eliana~

I heard Sadaron chuckle lightly. ~I know...but as a brother...she is my sister....and I have to protect her~

~Then we have something in common Sadaron~ I said as I turned my head to face him.

~Perhaps you're right~ Sadaron smirked.

I looked out into the dark again and I heard footsteps from behind. I did not bother to look to see who it was because I had already known it was Aragorn. Aragorn walked close to me until he was at my side.

"The stars are veiled...something stirs in the east...a sleepless malice" I said quietly looking at Aragorn and then to Sadaron.

Sadaron was then looking ahead very focused, but also feeling disturbed. His expressions changed rapidly, from fear, to anger, and then to hate.

"The Eye of the enemy is moving" Sadaron said painfully keeping his tone down to barely a whisper.

The three of us remained silent for mere minutes, until I heard something, an eerie laugh.

"He is here" I said in a panicked tone.

Aragorn ran ahead and I followed quickly with Sadaron behind. We went through the halls until I heard a scream.

"Help! Gandalf! Help!" That was Merry's voice.

Aragorn quickly busted through the door with me and Sadaron close behind. I looked to see Pippin convulsing on the floor writhing in pain as he held onto the Palantir.

"Someone help him!" Merry shouted loudly.

Aragorn quickly took the Palantir and he began to writhe in pain and fell to the floor, but I quickly caught him. Sadaron quickly took the Palantir from Aragorn and began to shake violently, as he tried to resist it. Sadaron fell to his knees and dropped the Palantir. Gandalf quickly took the opportunity to throw a cloth over the damned thing.

"Fool of a Took!" Gandalf yelled out.

I quickly took a look at Pippin and he was petrified on the floor. He was pale, and he wasn't breathing. Gandalf quickly went to Pippin's side and pushed Merry out of the way. Gandalf felt Pippin's hand and then his forehead and the side of his face. Pippin came back to reality, his eyes were wide, filled with so much fear, he was breathing unevenly and was avoiding Gandalf's eye contact.