Chapter 46

Chapter 46

~Legolas's P.O.V. ~

When Eliana ran off it worried me, but I had to trust her. I quickly ran making my way to the keep shooting arrows as I went also keeping count. I then began to look for Aragorn and Eliana, I saw Aragorn bravely take down a ladder with him riding on it but I also saw Eliana. She was sitting on her knees on the stone ground with Haldir, kissing him. I had wished that my eyes were playing tricks on me but they were not. This was an act of betrayal to me. I was furious. How could she have done this to me? I ignored Eliana for the moment and I continued to make my way to the keep and then I saw it, large ladders being hoisted up on rope. I quickly aimed and shot an arrow at the rope. The ladder quickly fell back into the army on Uruk's. I found Aragorn and Gimli fighting on the bridge that leads to the gates.

"Gimli! Aragorn! Get out of there!" I heard Theoden shout as he finished bracing the gate. I knew that they had nowhere to escape to so what better to do than to help them up.

"Aragorn!" I shouted and tossed a rope over the wall.
Aragorn took hold of the rope and then took Gimli. When Aragorn held the rope firmly I hoisted them up the wall.

~Eliana's P.O.V.~
"Retreat!" I heard someone yell loudly.

I slowly pulled away from Haldir and I saw his eyes gaining his life.

"Haldir...you're...alright" I said feeling a bit weak.

"E-Eliana? What's going on?" Haldir asked.

"Fall back! Retreat! Retreat!" we both heard soldiers say.

I slowly stood up and began to make my way to the keep slowly. Haldir quickly took my waist in his hands and helped me walk. I slowly pushed him away and walked on my own. Haldir protected me as we slowly made our way to the keep. It was then that I felt a sudden burst of pain shooting from my side. I fell to the ground and screamed while holding my side. It was happening faster than thought. Haldir's wounds were transferring onto me. I had to be stronger to pull through and heal fully.

"Eliana! You're bleeding...you can't move any further...let me carry you" Haldir said.

I didn't argue with him I allowed him to take me in his arms.

" Give her to me" I heard a feminine voice say ahead of us. I focused my vision and looked ahead and I saw a figure shrouded in a dark cloak. "Give her to me...I am a close friend on the princess...give her to me" that voice was familiar, it was Lyana.

"Lyana..." I whispered lightly.

"It's alright my princess...I went ahead of the others"

The next thing I knew I was being taken by Lyana and Haldir was running off to find his kin.

"Don't worry my princess...you will be just fine...let's get you to safety...and you have to stay awake for me" Lyana said as she made it to the kings keep unnoticed.

"Eliana!" I heard Legolas shout the very moment he saw me. "What happened?" Legolas asked.
Lyana only ignored his question and set me down on a table.

"Honestly Eliana...what made you want to do what you did...do you know what risks there is in doing what you did?" Lyana scolded me.

I only smiled slightly and suppressed a laugh. I tried not to focus on how much pain I was in, I only ignored it.

"I will heal your wounds...but you must promise me you will not do it again" Lyana said as she placed her hands on my wounds. "The wound will close but it will take time for the scars to fade Eliana"

I felt at peace, there was a light tingling sensation flowing through my body as Lyana placed her very hands on my body. The very next thing that I knew was that I was slowly recovering and I felt stronger. When Lyana had finished she had sat me up and I looked around the room. We were in Theoden's main hall. Few soldiers were barricading the door with the help of Gimli, Sadaron, and Aragorn. Legolas was at my side quickly taking my lips in his.