Chapter 26

Chapter 26

~Sadaron's P.O.V.~

This was bad news. If our mother had been angry she would send such numbers of Orcs and even the Uruk-hai. I knew that I had to get Eliana to safety so that I could bind her wound, still I knew that I had to brace myself for the worse that mother could do. As I picked up Eliana's fragile body I heard her scream loudly which I knew was from the pain.

"Don't worry Eliana...Everything's going to be alright...I will get you out of here" I reassured her as I quickly ran out of the room.

Eliana's warm blood was slowly dripping down my arms as I held her closer to me. I could hear her crying, begging the pain to go away. It made me sick to see her go through so much pain.

"L-Lego....Legolas" She cried softly in to my chest.

That was it. i had nearly forgotten that Eliana was traveling with a group of people. I had to find out where they went. I didn't bother to tell Eliana about them. I just pried through her mind and worked my way there. The drumming sound grew louder and louder. I froze in place when I saw a cave troll among a group of Orcs. i quickly hid in a dark corner keeping quiet and trying my best to keep Eliana from crying out. I had to save her, I had to...reason being...I was not evil not like mother or father.

~Legolas's P.O.V.~

Gimli's loud sobs could be heard for miles. It was true that this dwarf did not know the meaning of silence. I watched intently as Gandalf handed his hat and staff and took a large dusty book from one of the dwarf skeletons.

"They have taken the bridge and the second hall...we have barred the gates but cannot hold them for long...the ground shakes...drums drums in the deep...we cannot get out...a shadow moves in the dark we cannot get out...they are coming" Gandalf said gravely as he took his eyes off the book in his hands.

The there was a loud banging sound as Pippin had caused a helmet to fall into a deep well, followed by a skeleton clad in armor and then a long chain which was attached to a bucket. The loud noise clashed around the room loudly, and I knew that it could be heard for miles down in this mine. Everyone held their breaths for about five minutes and then the noice stopped. It was quiet again. We waited for any sounds of creatures but there was nothing. Boromir let out a sigh of relief and then my eyes looked around the room. I could not find Eliana.

"Fool of a Took! Throw yourself in next time and rid us of your stupidity" Gandalf snapped at Pippin as he took back his hat and staff.

"Where is Eliana?" I asked quickly and all eyes were on me.

"What do you mean she was in here on top of that stone coffin" Boromir said as he looked at the Coffin but no one was near it but Gimli.

"She is not here" Aragorn said looking around for Eliana as well.

"Where do you think she could ha-"

There were drums. The slow beat of drums began to play. Like a slow heart beat.

Frodo quickly unsheathed his sword and it was glowing blue.

"Orcs!" I said quickly.

Boromir quickly went to the door to see what was out there and two arrows zoomed past him nearly penetrating his face.

"Get back! Stay close to Gandalf!" Aragorn said to the hobbit.

Boromir quickly closed the door with the help of Aragorn and a loud roar could be heard.

"They have a cave troll" Boromir said in a sarcastic tone.

Quickly I threw abandoned axes to Boromir and Aragorn so that they may brace the doors. Then I pulled out an arrow and strung it to my bow ready to fight. only thing was that Eliana was on my mind. I was worried about her, I did not know if she would be safe or not. Gimli quickly stood up on the stone coffin and snarled loudly.

"Let them come! There is one dwarf yet in Moria that still draws breath"

They were at the door, breaking it down with their weapons. the orcs had made a small opening and I quickly fired an arrow and i heard a painful shriek. I quickly drew another and Aragorn fired his arrow, through the small opening. The door burst open releasing the Orcs and I fired my arrow which instantly killed the first Orc that broke through the door. One after the other I fired my arrows until they grew close. I stood my ground as everyone dispersed to fight their own battles. Arrow after arrow I shot at many Orcs until the door broke open more to reveal the cave troll. I quickly fired and the arrow hit the trolls right shoulder.

I knew it got angry and it because it was smashing it's club around and nearly Sam but Aragorn and Boromir was there to pull the chain that was holding the beast. The troll reacted to this and tugged on its chain and threw Boromir to the side like nothing. I quickly fired two more arrows at the troll only touching his shoulder again. It grew even more angrier. It used the chain around it's neck like a deadly whip and tried to strike me down. It had missed however and managed to get it caught. I smirked and quickly climbed onto it's head and fired an arrow but it did not go through. I quickly jumped off the troll as it was trying to get me into it's grasp.

The troll then went after Frodo and the other halflings. Frodo and the others did a good job at protecting themselves. But Frodo however, was cornered by the beast. I tried to get there on time but I was too late. The troll had already pierced Frodo in his stomach. Merry and Pippin lunged themselves at the troll and began to stab it repeatedly with their swords. Gandalf and Gimli tried to fight off the troll and Merry fell off of the troll leaving pippin alone. Quickly I fired an arrow directly into it's mouth and it fell to the floor dead.

~Sadaron's P.O.V.~

The orcs were gone, and I knew that I was close to Eliana's companions. I also knew that Eliana was losing her strength fast. With her wound and lack of sun and moonlight, she would not make it out of these mines alive, but I would not let her die. I will not. I quickly walked to the room slowly and cautiously. Looking around at the dead orcs and the cave troll, it was a small group, surely mother had more coming.

"Eliana!" A small halfling yelled and quickly ran at me with a sword pointed at me. "What did you do to her?!" He yelled.

I remained quiet as the others looked at me with hate in their eyes. Then an elf stood before me aiming his bow and arrow at me.

"Release her to me now!" He shouted.

"I do not come to fight..." I said holding Eliana close. "You must be Legolas Greenleaf? are you not?" I asked lightly.

"How do you know of me!"

"I do not need to know of you to know that you know my sister quite well" I said lightly.

"Sister? Eliana has no brother...she told me herself...now I will not say this again...Hand her over" Legolas said getting closer.

I looked at the door and saw shadows coming closer and more drumming noises. I took my eyes off of the elf and on to Eliana. She was breathing slowly, and was growing colder.

"We do not have much time...my sister had been wounded and if you want her to live I suggest we leave from here quickly before our mother sends more Orcs or far worse creatures" I said quickly as the others looked towards the door.

"To the bridge of Khazad-dum!" An old man clad in gray said quickly. "You will follow us and there are many questions to be answered from you...now come" The grey one quickly ran and the others followed suit through through the main hall.

As we neared the middle I could see that thousands of Orcs and Goblins were surrounding us. They were appearing through the shadows of the stone ground and crawling down from the pillars. Everyone soon created a circle around me and held out their weapons as we were surrounded. Then a beastly roar broke through the sir sending shivers down my very spine. I gasped as I saw a large doorway glowing the color of flames. The goblin's and orc's all shrieked in fear and dispersed quickly leaving us in the dead of silence. A dwarf gave a victorious cry as we were left alone with this beast that mother has unleashed upon us.

"What is this new devilry" A man asked the gray one.

"A Balrog" I said fearfully holding Eliana closer to me.

The gray one slowly nodded his head. "A demon of the ancient world...this foe is beyond any of you Run!" The gray one screamed as he quickly ran.

Without another thought I quickly followed him and so did the others. A mortal man ran ahead of us and went through a door, but stopped abruptly, nearly falling over a cliff to his death but Legolas had saved him by pulling him back to safety.

"Aragorn! Lead them on...the bridge is near" The gray one said to another human, but this Aragorn refused to leave the gray one behind. "Do as I say! Swords are no more use here!" The gray one said again.

Aragorn quickly nodded his head and lead us through a maze of steep stairs. Then there was a sudden stop as there was large gap between the stairs. Legolas jumped first and held his hand out.

"Gandalf!" Legolas said to the gray one, who looked back as the Balrog was nearing.

Gandalf jumped and landed in front of Legolas.

"Come with Eliana!" Legolas called out to me and I held onto Eliana tighter and jumped.

I landed on my feet and an arrow was fired at me striking my shoulder. I did not cry out in pain, I just pulled out the arrow and ignored the pain. Legolas quickly avoided the arrows and fired one into the air hitting an orc. Then a mortal man grabbed onto two halflings and jumped over, making the gap even bigger. Legolas continued to fire at the orcs and Aragorn threw over a halfling and the mortal man caught him. Aragorn was about to toss the dwarf but the dwarf rejected him.

"Nobody tosses a dwarf!" He grunted and jumped.

His feet landed on the edge and Legolas quickly held onto his beard to keep him from falling.

"Not the beard!" The dwarf yelled as he was pulled up to safety, but the gap was widened.

There were only two left, Aragorn and one last halfling. The roars of the demon was louder. It was near. It's stomping feet caused large boulders to fall from the roof of the mine. Then a large boulder fell and landed on the stairs. making Aragorn and the halfling trapped. The rock became unstable. moving back and forth. Threatening to fall over. Then they both leaned forward and the stairs moved forward colliding before us. With that they came to safety on the other side. Everyone quickly ran until we reached the bridge.

"Over the bridge! Hurry!" Gandalf said as he made sure that everyone went before him.

As I walked over the bridge I could see Gandalf facing the demon alone.

"You can not pass!" Gandalf said loudly facing the demon. "I am a servant of the Secret Fire wielder of the flame of Anor!" Gandalf said. "The dark fire will not avail you flame of Udun! Go back to the Shadow!! YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!" Gandalf said as he hit the ground with his staff causing it to glow brightly.

The demon charged forward and lashed it's whip to strike Gandalf but the bridge collapsed causing it to fall to it's doom, but not without taking the gray one with him. Gandalf was hanging on the edge of the broken bridge. A halfling was crying out the poor wizards name but he could not help he was being held back. As the wizard fell to his death . The halfling screamed and was carried away from the mines by the other mortal man. I quickly ran out of the mines and into the bright light of day. I sighed with relief as I sat on the ground beside Eliana. I quickly looked down at her and saw that her face was completely pale, her eyes were closed and, her chest was not rising at all. She had lost her breath, and I did not know of it.

I was now holding the dead corpse of my sweet sister. Legolas quickly came to me and when he saw Eliana his eye's went wide with shock. Tears threatened to fall from his eyes but he did not let them fall. He fell to his knees and wrapped his hands around her dead corpse. The others quickly came by and saw Eliana, did stood silent and did not speak. Everything was filled with sorrow.