Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I got up ready for the day. I dressed in my long sleeve dress; I got mysterious scratches that were all over my arm. Who knows where I got them. I get the bags, today went really slow, so now for some excitement. It was almost four and when the clock hit four I saw a limo climbing up the street. I left bags in hand. The man, Derik grabbed them and set them in the trunk and we were off. I saw a bunch of streets pass us as we moved. He said nothing as we rode. I was starting to freak out about the people I was to visit. What if they were scary, what if I messed up and stepmother found out.

We arrived and I was ready to rule. I grabbed the bags and followed Derik inside. He really is huge, like a pro wrestler. We passed hallway after hallway. I was getting nervous by the second. He opened a door. The room was flooded in pink and lacy. This is definitely a girl's room. I saw a girl in a dress and she looked excited as she saw me. "I shall take my leave then, goodbye miss," the man said the nodded to me as he left. The girl walked up to me and said "you are too young to make anything to my liking, but I will let you try.

I laughed and pulled out some designs. She looked at them with wide eyes. "Your boss's designs, right"? I said no, I am the design and well I hope you choose one to your liking. "I am Maizie M-A-I-Z-I-E, not Macy, make sure you get it right. I am thirteen years old". I stated that I am Ella Rose. I shake her hand and get ready to measure to her. She stands on a platform and I get the tape measure.

Maizie is giggling throughout this. We talk about stuff. Mostly she talks and I listen. She is an interesting young one. Maizie has this deep crush on someone and she just says that her mouth turns to mush when she talks to him. oh, how cute she is with her crush. I have never felt that way about anyone before. I tell her to be brave for whatever happens in the future.

She looks at my design with thought. I pause her process and draw her attention to the revised drawing. A look of awe goes over her face, making me smile. Once I drew it I knew it would be the one she picked, it just looked like perfection.

Maizie smile and nods in agreement she is speechless. That is a good thing. I watch her regain her brain. I measure some more humming my favorite tune. Maybe one day I can sing but I am so nervous all the time I possibly couldn't. Maizie looks at me as I hum, hopefully, she didn't hear me. She did. "I don't recognize that tune, what is it"? I say that it is a song I came up with. I hope she will drop it. She does not. "Will you sing it"? I don't want to, but she is giving me puppy eyes so I give in. I hope she likes it. It is not cloth I can just change.

I start to sing the song hoping she does not laugh at me.

I lived a life

A live not worth living

I seem to not remember

Why

Why I want to live

Why I want to be free

So

I got to try

To try to live

I want a life

A life worth living

So

I got to try

I, I, I,

I got to live

Ohhh oh ohhh yeah

I got live

Got to be free

So please

Just let me live

My voice went out of me and I blushed, can't believe I did that I never do things like that. Maizie is staring at me. I ask "what is something, wrong, I know my voice is not the best"? Maizie still stares at me. I feel crazy. I want to leave; why can't I leave. I need to breathe. I want to know what is wrong. I run out onto the balcony and breath. I feel better but I can't control my breathing. Maizie comes out with me "oh my gosh your voice is like an angel; I can't believe you don't sing" Maizie says in one breath. I guess I am not the only one who can't breathe. I fall and laugh on the floor today definitely is not what I expected it to be.

I am finishing up the design, to fit Maizie personality more. I grab a bunch of the cloth. I see what fits her best. I got everything set, now I just need to sew it together and everything will be perfect. Everything must be perfect. Maizie talks on and shows me her room. I see an antique dollhouse the dolls have so many clothes. Doll wardrobes would not be able to hold all the clothes. Her closet goes across the room and I wonder just how many outfits she wears. Her bed is a canopy filled with pillows. I could get lost in her bed much less her room.

Everything is just so beautiful and huge, just made for a tiny princess who is just living her life.