Chapter 12

Chapter 12

The party is later today and I'm nervous about the fit of this so important gown. If it fits, Maizie will love it I just know it. It reflects Maizie's personality very well. I get ready to walk to the shop, Derik the scary big butler what loves to bake will pick me up. I put my gray hair in a bun and head out. That is why my stepsisters call me Ashes because my hair is naturally gray.

I walk to the shop passing the school with the few cars that are always there for teachers always have something to grade. I get to the shop and the limo is there already. I get in putting the bag carefully on the seat, then climb in. This drive was nerve-wracking and it was making me go a bit loopy.

We finally made it and I couldn't breathe. I walk to Maizie's room and walk in. Once the door opens the scent of roses and vanilla wafers out. I walked in and Maizie was nowhere to be found. I searched her room and finally found her in her closet.

Once she saw me she went up and hugged me. I hugged her and showed her the bag I held in my hands. She grabbed it with more force than necessary and then jumped behind a screen to change. I waited in anticipation of what was to come.

Maizie walked out and I saw her. She looked like an angel out of heaven. The folds fell in just the perfect angles and lines. Both Maizie and I were in love with the dress. Her mom came in and well let's just say there is more than one way to get that woman speechless.

Well, I checked to see if everything fit and it did so I left and went to get my stepsisters ready. When I arrived Courtney ran outside and grabbed me and dragged me inside. I was brought upstairs to the dressing room. I curled both of their hair, and found their dresses and put them on, both fit as if they were made for them. Ha, ha, ha. Everything was set up for them to go. They shined from their hair to the sparkly pumps on their feet. I wish I didn't have so much work to do then I could go.

They went off to the party for some fun while I went to the shop to grab Zeke's costume and start on my best friend Cassy's costume. The play is coming and I have been a bit swamped since then. I'm swamped and I still get bored. Can you imagine that, a busy person who is still bored, oh well?

The party is in full swing and hopefully, that dress is swinging and rocking with the beat.