Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Ella's POV

I finished joking with Maizie and then I felt someone behind me. I turned around and there stood that boy. That boy that yelled and yelled at me with the scary eyes. He now stood staring at me in a surprised manner. His body rigid. I felt calm now in his stare, his eyes no longer scary but had a calm look upon them. He was kind of handsome. I hear Maizie make a noise and turned to her so did the boy.

"Ella Rose this is my brother, Maverick" Said Maizie. Oh, Maverick that is a cool name. I need to snap out of this. "Hi am Ella, well I guess you know that" I mumbled. It was kind of nerve-racking. What was I supposed to do? he was making me nervous. What am I supposed to do?

He could yell at me again. "Well welcome, so you are the designer that Maizie has been talking about forever," Maverick said in his deep voice that could melt butter. Okay, I was a bit smitten. He was an interesting character.

We just kind of stared at the floor for a while. Maizie looked at us. I know I am acting weird but I don't know. I have this feel of caution around him. Questions float around in my head. Feelings of uncertainty are around in the air.

I look at Maize and check to make sure that the whole rip is covered. I need to do something with my hand or I might just go crazy. Maizie asks if I want to go to the party in my dress. I know it is not the fashionable thing but I wasn't planning to come.

I laughed, I laughed so hard. I released all the stress. "I'm sorry, I wasn't planning on going I have so much going on, a play's costumes and stuff," I said in one breath. Maizie looks up at me with a sad expression. I regret what I said. "Maizie I'm sorry, but since I am here well I guess I could party," I said.

She looked up at me with tears in her eyes and started to smile. I wiped them away and told her to find something for me to wear. She found a dress that I can only describe as glitter explosion.

I walked behind the screen to see if it fit. It fit and it was bad. I walked out and both Maizie and Maverick started gasping and hold their stomachs in laughter. It was bad. I walked back to the screen and changed then went to my bag and pulled out some fabric and sewed it on in a flash then tried it on once again. Maizie was looking excited while Maverick was looking more confused than ever. I changed back and Maizie looked so happy, claiming that she calls the dress after today.

Maverick keeps looking at me it makes me nervous. Then Maizie sits down with her head in her hands. She looks nervous. "I don't want to go back what if they laugh at me.