Chapter 36

I want to dedicate this too Animeirl01 and HaileyMailey for following my weirdness

Chapter 36

Ella's POV

I can't believe I am going to the Halloween dance with Maverick. I told him that I wanted to be the one to tell Maizie. I can't wait to see her response- she is going to scream for joy. When I think about it I giggle happily.

When I think of this now, I giggle again. People near me on the bus are staring at me as I sit on the squeaky seat, on my way to Maizie's house. I can feel every bump and it only adds to my excitement. I planned so many ideas for my outfit that I have indents from my pencil stamped into my hand.

I brought all of my sketches to show Maizie. She has to have a clue to which one I should be. I mean, she had her whole costume planned out, right down to the colors. I need help, woman! When I get to my stop, I jump up from my seat and run out the door.

I speed walk to the house. When I see the manicured lawn, I high five myself. Ringing the doorbell, I can hear footsteps. Maverick slams the door open and runs out, hiding behind me. I scream- he scared me! Maizie comes running out and does not even say hi before she tries to get to Maverick. They go around in circles, knocking into me.

I start to fall, and they finally stop chasing each other as I fall. The ground hurts. Maverick scoops me up and runs off. I start to giggle to myself at being in his arms. They stop at a door. It opens and there is a hospital bed inside. A nurse comes in- when she sees me she gives a little squeak.

"I am fine," I say but they don't seem to believe me. The nurse finally says I am good to go. I get off the bed and hug Maizie. I missed her. She squeals in delight and hugs me back.

She takes my hand and drags me back the room of pink fluff, known as the Bedroom of Maizie. I tell her I came here because I have a surprise for her. She is jumping up and down, making me even more excited. I drum roll and say "Well, your brother and I are..." She does not let me finish. She jumps and hugs me and giggles that she can't wait to be an aunt.

Wait? what? "No, no, no we are going to the Halloween dance together! Wait, did Maverick say I was pregnant?" She just smiles and I march out of the room, stomping towards where soft guitar music is coming from. I open the door, and Maverick stands up, staring at me.

I slap him. I'm just a bit messed up today. "I am not pregnant," I state as I leave. I can't believe him, why did he say that? Maverick chases after me, I just keep walking. I then have to change my plans because I tripped. Maverick ran and caught me. Our faces are so close to each other I could smell his scent.

He stared at me and whispered, "Maizie just wanted you to be mad... I love my sister, but she is just evil sometimes". I hear a wolf whistle and I look over and see Maizie there beside us taking pictures.

My face heats up, and I know I am blushing. To hide my blush, I bury my head in Maverick's chest. They are both evil. Maverick's chest vibrates as he laughs. He is so cute.

We get back to the house and I show Maizie all of my costume ideas and she picks one. I agree- it is going to be amazing.