Chapter 32

Chapter 32
Ella's POV

In all honesty, I didn't need to leave. It was leftovers night, but my head said to leave (my heart didn't agree). It is n't that I am afraid of Maverick, I was about to kiss his face off, so I decided to leave. The fear the doubt it consumes me. I want to stay, in his arms. My heart and head, bang against my body. Every thought of him brings a blush to my cheeks and thumping to my heart. My head says to stay away, and it tends to get me in more trouble. The most logical way is not the best way.

I get off the bus and head home. While my thoughts are consuming me, I run into someone no other than Cassy's new boyfriend, Jake. I try to walk past him, but he stops me. I don't let fear dominate me. He looks at me like he'll eat me, so I kick him where the sun doesn't shine and run for my life.

Normally I wouldn't do that, but that scary look had me running. What in the world was Cassy thinking? The boy is terrifying I walk hoping not to see him again though I have a feeling that I will be seeing him again. When I see Cassy again, I will have to have a talk with her. I will tie her up if I need to.
I hit my pillow and fall asleep not even changing into some PJs. I am completely exhausted mentally, emotionally, and physically. I did run a lot today, after all. When I woke up, it was not pretty. I looked like I had been in a tornado. I spent a good two hours cleaning. It took forever to brush out my hair.

Today I have to get new shoes; mine don't fit at all now. I was a size five before so my feet were already tiny. I had to walk to the store. The store, Ross, was coming to my view and panic set in; people will see me. I have to take off my shoes, and that might draw some attention. I have to go. I have to see if I can get smaller shoes.

I walk in the store, and I see and the colors and patterns, they draw me in, but I decline. I look for the shoes and find some that are 4.5, so they might fit better. I find flats, tennis shoes, and heels.

In the end, I gave up; there was nothing I could do. It was not working for me. So, I walked out not looking at all the people staring at me. I know I am weird and different. Maverick must think so too. Stop, stop it! Maverick likes me, and I like him. Well, he hasn't said it, but I feel it in the way he stares, the way he talks, and the way he laughs.

I refuse to give up when I want him. Yes, I am weird, but I will just have to accept it and move on. I make dinner for my family, and they mostly ignore me except for my stepmother who helps me make dinner. Probably, because I was making something new.

After everyone had eaten, I clean up everything. Although, I must not have been fast enough for step-mother. She comes in and speeds things along, not saying a word. I left and got ready for tomorrow. I then tossed and turned for over an hour, not able to sleep. I finally got up and started working on a few costumes. After an hour I set down the needle and slept. I screamed in the night; it was a nightmare. In it, everyone was dying. Someone saved me, it was only a dream, but it felt more real than anything that had happened. I fell asleep once again, trying to unmask my savior.