Chapter 42

Dedicate this too my editor and dare I say friend, Ryn-Koala

  Chapter 42

Ella's POV

My hair is almost dry so I go throw the towel in the hamper. Maverick continues to stare at me. I strangely feel comforted by his stare. When he realizes that I have caught him staring, his face turns fire engine red. I laugh and blush along with him. Soon we are a blushing mess.

I know I like Maverick but do I love him. I have thought about whether I should kiss him. I stare at his face and think, not caring how weird I look. I start a mental list of what I like and dislike about him.

Likes

1. He is the sweetest person ever, I mean he helped me with my feet

2. He is unshakable in the best way, I know he won't give up on me no matter the struggle

3. He is the best friend anyone could ask for

4. He actually gets along with his sibling

5. He stands for my weirdness

6. He appreciates me for who I am

7. He tries to understand me

8. He is amazing in the best way

9. He loves me

Dislikes

1. He has a tendency to yell, he yelled at me the very first time we met all those moments ago

2. He is very over protective that can be a good thing but he takes it too far, when I hurt my hands it was like the world was ending for him

3. He doesn't seem to understand personal boundaries

4. He is too perfect. I think he deserves someone better.

He is so amazing that I can't even come up with nine reasons not to date him or kiss him. Maverick looks down and takes my hand. I love his flaws they are what make him, him. I squeeze Maverick's hand and he looks at me. Really looks at me.

I can't help but smile for my prince charming. We decide to watch a movie. I didn't know what to watch. We decided to watch Percy Jackson Lightning Thief. In the beginning, when we sat down, I had a feeling someone was watching us. Maizie most likely is watching us.

After a while, the feeling goes away. I relax. Maverick gets up and leaves. I really get into the movie. Jackson is killing the Minotaur. A hand touches my shoulder and I scream. I hear a chuckling behind me. I look up there is Maverick. I punch him. People don't get away with scaring me. Maverick rubs the spot I punched and pouts.

I see popcorn, mike and ikes and milk duds in his hands. I want some so I ask once he sits down. Maverick hands the mike and ikes to me. He knows those are my favorites.

I start to get really comfy on the couch in Maverick's room. I decide to move. I lean closer to Maverick, soaking in his warmth. He wraps his arm around me. I scoot closer. Soon we are right next to each other. I can feel his heart. We continue to cuddle, oh I love that word. Cuddle is now my favorite word. I put my arms around him, hugging him and continue watching the movie.

The steady rhythm starts to lull me to sleep. I lay against Maverick. He chuckles once again. He kisses my head, I open my eyes just a crack. I went to kiss his cheek but I failed because I fell asleep. I didn't even get to finish the movie or the candy.