Chapter 35

Chapter 35
Ella's POV
I can't believe Maverick brought me to the nurse, again. He saw me blush as he did. Anything Maverick does makes me red faced. I'm sitting at the usual lunch table, and Cassy is looking at me. I know I'm red-faced because I am thinking about him, again.
We talk about everything, and she knows how much I like Maverick. If I had the courage, I would ask him to the school prom. But he is just too amazingly scary. Every time I am near him, my heart starts to beat twice as fast.
Cassy doesn't understand this; as many boyfriends as she has gone through, she never loved one. Yes, I admit it. I love him; as weird as that is. We aren't even dating. Cassy got rid of her boyfriend, and now she is trying not to date for a while. I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn to see who it is. Zeke stares at me. I stare back. What could he want?
Zeke gets on one knee, and he says, "prom. You, me, together." It doesn't even sound like a question, more like a command. I hate him; I know that hate is a strong word, but it fits. There is something about him that makes me want to gag.
I get up, and he rises. "I will have to refuse your offer." Cassy is staring at us, and then she cheers. She hates him too. Zeke starts to yell at me, and I run. I have never seen Zeke get angry. His face flushes red with anger; his fists clenched at his sides.
I run and run. I run into things, my hands hurt even more. I had to get away from him though. Teachers yell at me to walk, but I can't. Fear consumed me; I was shaking. I needed to get to Miss. Rule. She will protect me from this terrifying boy.
I ran into a person, as I apologize and try to start running someone grabs my arm. I flinch and scream. I look up and see Maverick. I look away from his gaze and then around me. There stood a very annoyed, and frustrated, Zeke. I hid behind Maverick's arm.

Zeke spoke after he had caught his breath. "Ella, you are going to go to the prom with me, no discussion." Maverick looked at me and smiled before turning back. "She is going to be going with me, so back off." Zeke stalked off.
Maverick turned to me and asked me to the prom. I jumped on him, hugging him. I thanked him and then said yes. I can't believe he likes me! I am so happy right now; I can't wait to go with him.