Chapter 33 part 1

I am going to be busy Saturday so I will post part of the chapter today and the next part on Sunday or Monday depending on life. Happy reading.  

Chapter 33 part 1

Halloween is so close; I have so many things to do to get ready! I have way too many costumes left. It is driving me crazy! There's the animal costumes; butterfly, octopus, and a fox. Then there's my step sisters and Maizie's. There is so much to do so I have to work double time to get everything done.

It's going to take an all-nighter. I already finished the premade ones, so all I have left is the custom ones. The butterfly costume has ruffles, feathers, and embroidery; I couldn't say no. I never say no, at least my stepsisters didn't ask for super crazy costumes this time. Victoria wants to be Cleopatra, while Courtney is going to be a leaf. Yes, she is crazy.
So, I start on the butterfly. I found some paper, and start to draw. I make two wings, one for the bottom and one for the top. I wanted it to be simple monarch. After sketching it out, I found my wire and bend it to the shape, doing it twice so I would have four wings in total. It was almost perfect after I put the orange fabric over it, but it was missing something.
I sat back and stared at it wondering what was wrong then I decided that it was too flat. I went into the top house and walked into the storage look for something that glitters. I found a bunch of things and brought them all back with me. I decided to put a mix of black and orange sparkles across the wings, as well of sequins on the black parts. I went crazy making this costume.
While I was putting on the sequins, I kept stabbing myself with the needle. I was so tired, but I needed to finish them all before I fell asleep tonight. Through my blurry vision, I saw blood droplets on my hands. I went to the kitchen and washed my hand then splashed water on my face.

I woke up more and put bandages on my hands. I decided to check my wings for blood thankfully I couldn't find any. I started making the dress just a bit embroidering flowers on the bottom of it. It was like a garden on the lower edge of it. This detail took an eternity! I didn't finish until it was past midnight, I fell asleep on the couch too tired to try to move.
I awoke, and the clock said 3:07. Groaning, I got up and went to the bathroom. I saw my gray hair tangled in a rats nest. I put a brush through it and decided to go and put the glitter away. I walked to the storage room and put it back. A domino effect happened, and it was crazy. The box of glitter I set down knocked down another box and then a coat rack. It fell onto something wooden. I went over and looked at it. It was a chest in the very back of this crazy mess.
I opened it and in there lay a book. I picked it up but found no writing on the outside. No title on the spine. I opened it and what was inside surprised me, little did I know that as I read through it, my surprise would only grow. Magic is real.