Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Ella's POV

After the dance recital, Cassy held a party for the finishing of the play and the dance. I was excited it was not supposed to be a crazy party, there were grownups after all. I left Maverick and Maizie for a second to get us some soda.

I came back and Cassy still was nowhere in sight. She is the host of this party and she is not here. Oh well, she is strange, as strange as me. I go back and hand the siblings their drinks. Maizie is off in her thoughts and Maverick is acting normal from what I understand. I go to chat will some of my teachers and try to find my best friend, she is nowhere in sight. That is odd every time she goes to a party she makes sure she is the center of attention. It does not matter whether it is on stage or not she will be the center of attention.

That is why she dates Zeke, well one reason is because they both need the spotlight. I still can't quite catch either sibling attention so I decide to go look for Cassy, I walk down hallways. When I turn a corner I see Zeke looking at himself in the mirror, I'm surprised that he didn't bring his own but own well. I don't like him one bit which is why I refused him when he asked. I wish he would disappear, I know that is mean but that is just how he makes me feel, like an earthworm next to my ear. Then he shows up the next day dating Cassy, I don't know why she said yes.

Then I find Cassy, making out with a man. This man had the leather jacket the biker look, I wish he was gone, there is something about him that I just want him gone. What is it with me and Cassy's love interests. I clear my throat and Cassy looks at me. She looks surprised but I can't let this go on, bad vibes and honestly, I want to not feel this but every time I do I am right. I hate that about myself I want to be wrong but I always end up right.

Cassy detangles herself from the man and looks at me, I see her eyes go misty. We walk away from the man hand it hand, but someone is waiting at the end of the hallway for us. That person had an expression that should not have shown up but it did and it made me confused.

So confused that I wanted to pause this moment and have the time to think but I can't do that so I just freeze and think as fast as I can before it is too late for who stood there was no other than.....