Chapter 29 part 1

Chapter 29

Ella's POV

The doctor said that I went into shock, so I can't remember much of what happened. Maverick was still with me when I woke up. I see him smile, but it doesn't quite reach his eyes. He must find me weird, a person who can entertain him. I don't see him like that, but I need to know why he is here.
I wonder what his girlfriend's name is? I'll have to ask him later when I am fully awake.

I look to Maverick once again as he falls asleep. While he does something tugs on my arm, I look down to see my hand swallowed up in his. I feel my face start to heat up like a light bulb. I try to let go but, my heart keeps telling me to hold on tight. So I do. I can't get any more embarrassed than I already am.

Then it happens, a nurse comes in and sees him sleeping next to me. I let go though I still feel him. The nurse laughs at my actions and I see she is carrying a tray full of food. I expected some jello or other hospital food, but what sat there was a Subway sandwich. It wasn't one of those two topping short things either, it was a foot long.

My stomach starts to growl and I hear the nurse chuckle as she sets down the tray and leaves. I open up the wrapper to reveal true heaven. Maverick starts to whimper in his sleep, it is so cute and sad. Against all the warning that my brain is giving, I run my hand through his hair. He nudges my hand and I pull him close. He is now glued to my side, warming my cold skin.

I start to eat one handed because I am rubbing his back with the other hand. Maverick is so cute! I wish I could kiss him, but I don't. Then Maverick wakes up from his slumber. He looks at me and almost jumps off the bed. I burst out laughing, what a dork. I hold another sandwich up to him. He grins and finally speaks, "I'm glad the sandwiches arrived. I figured you would want some actual food."

He got me food, oh he is so perfect. I've got to stop thinking that. I finish my sandwich, lay back, then fall asleep. When I wake up Maverick has disappeared and the nurse comes in to check my feet. They dismiss me and sent me to the police station where I can give my statement.