Chapter 29 part 2

Chapter 29 part 2I went to the station and had to wait forever. I was getting bored and I didn't have anything to do. I almost fell asleep while Joe gets the paperwork for the statement. Joe wakes me up, and I tell him the truth. At least what I remember, then he looks at me with a concerned face. He hugged me and pet my head. I want Maverick to be the one to comfort me, not this man I just met. It looks suspicious that my stepsisters were the last ones to see me before the accident. I don't want to put blame on them; yes they tease me, yes they bully me, but this was a way too far for them.Uncle John walks in, he is the head police officer at this station. He does not like me one bit. I wave hello and he has Joe take pictures of my feet, or what's left of them... I hide my face while he does that, I am now disfigured. I picture Maverick, Mazie, and Cassy beside me. They are my comfort. John comes back and brings files with him. We are to go in front a judge to present this case. John goes up the judge, then says that is was all mistake. The girls just went off their meds and they are now keeping close eye on them, and it won't happen again. I look down, at my shoes that are too big, they healed way faster than expected, so I don't need bandages anymore. My shoes flop around as I walk now. So when I get the next tips at work I'll have to go get new shoes.The judge looks at me and I smile. Despite everything, I still love my stepsisters and stepmother. They are my family. Some people might think I am crazy, but it's just the way I feel. I put Cassy and Maizie in the family section. All in all, everything ended up fine. I have a feeling my step sisters will leave me alone for a while. Now I better leave and find something to do before I pull all of my hair out. I start to walk home when my stepmother drives up. I climb in and take a seat. My stepsisters are in the car. I sigh, then lean against the car window and take a nap.