Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I awoke and looked at the clock it read 3:45. I am a strange sleeper, I mean who wakes up that early in the morning. My finger is at a dull roar today so I can do a bunch of stuff without delay. I start to do my list of things I do every morning. First I clean my kitchen wiping away any dust or crumbs. Then I dust all my friends off. Everything is now neat and tidy.

I get dressed and start my workout, 100 push-ups, and 100 sit-ups. I head out to run, after about five miles I start to head back. I change into other clothes and it's 5:00. I sketch a bit and work a bit on school assignments. At 6:00 I head to the upstairs kitchen and start breakfast.

Today is french bread day. I made it cinnamon apple french toast. I finish making it then stick most of it in the oven to keep warm. I eat my piece and wash the dish, then head up to get up the girls. Neither girls want to get up and Courtney even slaps me because she does not want to wake up. Courtney is on a bread diet.

You should see Victory when Courtney get on a diet and tries to get her on it too. Victory has a hate for the word diet. Oh well both of them are really weird. No matter how much Victory eats, she is still so skinny. When she was not so popular, she did eating contests and won.

I saw stepmother as I stepped out of Victoria's room. Stepmother looks so sleepy then she looks at me and tells me to give some tea to my father. I oblige and make some herbal tea and put it on a tea set. I walk up the grand stairs then another stairs tucked in a corner, up another two flights of stairs. I got up to the top. A huge studio is on the top when my father is. Stepmother usually does this so it is a bit weird for me to do it. I don't want to do this but stepmother asked me to do it. I knocked on the door and I heard a bark from inside and I head inside.

My father looked at me. His eyes glazed over. I looked down I can't look into his blank eyes. He does not recognize me. He never will. I look around the room crumpled paper littered the floor, along with fabric scraps. There's a huge dog house in the corner. Dad goes back to work.

I look at the mannequin that line from the room, each is decorated with a different dress creating a rainbow of dresses one of each color. All are masterpieces that any designer would be jealous of. That's my father for you, a true genius. I grab a dress that is still laying down on the ground; I hear a growl. The growl is coming from my father.

He does not want me to touch the dress it must not be done yet.

I grab the teapot and pour some into a dish and place it in front of my father, he looks up and pulls the dish toward him. My father mostly thinks he is a dog. Ever since I could remember, my dad thought he was a dog. I use to keep him in my house, trying to get him to remember me. He kept growing distant and I couldn't hold on any longer. Stepmother asked me to let him go.

He needed his own room away from me he was not getting any better. I agreed after a while he got better just a bit, just a bit more normal and that is all I could ask. The only one he recognizes is stepmother, so she usually sees him. I can't see him like this he is broken.

I closed the door and fell the floor, tears running down my face. I love making people happy but I just couldn't. I can't make him happy. I have tried but it is impossible. I fail as a daughter. Stepmother makes sure he eats and sleeps. She is the only one he remembers.