Chapter 31

Chapter 31
Maverick's POV

I saw Maizie start to fall when I turned a corner, Ella came barreling through the door catching her in a dip. It was wonderful, Ella, the dancing savior. I clapped, she looked at me with terror in her eyes.

Is Ella afraid of me? What did I do wrong? I know there is something wrong with me, I don't care enough, I am very distant. She doesn't want me; she was delusional. She was in shock and didn't know what she was doing.
I am now the one that is delusional. I am in a trance. I leave before they see my frustration, I don't want Ella to worry. Maizie gives me an odd look as she pushes Ella to her room. I guess I'll have to talk to Ella later.

After a while, Ella gets out of Maizie's room, and they head to the tea room, so I went to join them, no I did eavesdrop on them, much. I ask to join them, and Ella tries to leave. It breaks my heart.

Ella just leaves, and I stand there falling to pieces. Maizie looks at me for a second, then takes my hand and drags me to the tea room. I don't stop her; I let her do what she wants.

Maizie pulls me down, and I stare at her, she asks her questions.
"What is going on?"

"Why is Ella like this?" and lastly she asks,
"What is the world did you do to Ella, you fart wart?"
I refuse to answer to her. Instead, I answer in my head, finding the answers. I need to know as well.

Maizie's POV

What did he do? Ella completely avoided my brother even leaving me to escape him. I know I'm poking my nose in things that are not my business... But oh well, they'll thank me later! Maverick is acting tough when I ask him questions, but I see the sadness in his eyes. I push on he sits and cries, and I want to hold my brother, but I smack instead. What am I missing? Ella likes Maverick and Maverick loves Ella. It's so simple; I wish I could push their heads together and make them kiss! But Ella left.

I leave and call Ella because she forgot her drawing. I even begged to make sure she wouldn't change her mind. A little bit later Ella showed up, and I set up my plan. I locked Maverick in the tea room; he quieted down a bit after a while with all his banging. I pulled Ella towards the tea room, unlocked it, and then I shoved Ella inside and follow after. I quickly lock the door while Ella stares at Maverick, while he looked down and stared at the wood. They both refused to talk.

I give up; I'm done with their shenanigans. Time for step two. I pulled out the handcuffs that I had stashed in my purse, specifically for this reason. They tried to pull away from me, but I won in the end. I unlocked the door and left them in the room, hoping it will turn out ok. Then I sprint up to my room, locking its door.

I have to protect myself from their wrath. Oh, I forgot! I have cameras around the whole house, time to spy on them. I saw that finally, they were talking. Then they hugged, it was so sweet that I danced around my room swinging my favorite teddy bear around.

They walked to the garden, hands so close I wanted to squeal with delight, but all I could do was watch. They just walked around, and I decided that I now was an alright time to unlock them. I walked up to them, and they were laughing, so I followed. They sat down and called me over. They knew I was here, great. I unlocked them, and they asked, "Maizie, why did you do that?" I rolled on the ground; it was was too funny! They act like they can read each other's minds.

They looked at each other, love in their eyes and I tried but failed to make them kiss. I ended up falling to the ground instead. Stupid people! Why can't they tell that they need each other?

Ella said she needed to leave, and it was dinner time, so I didn't stop her. Maverick watched Ella walk to the front. They are just so cute! As soon as she was out of sight, he turned and gave me a pointed stare. Then hugged the life out of me. I just patted his back. Maverick and Ella, sitting in a tree. Almost K-I-S-S-I-N-G.
As I walk away getting ready for bed, a thought comes to me. I can't wait to be an aunt!