Chapter 26

The dedication wont work so I have to type this out thank you Ryn-Koala for helping my horrible grammar skills. OK on to the actual chapter, beware it is a bit darker than the other chapters just a warning.  

Chapter 26

Ella's POV
Today I was deep cleaning the house, and it used a lot of elbow grease. I breathed in deeply, soaking in the soapy smell. I always love this day because it made everything glitter, and I had plenty of time to think while I cleaned. The counter was clean, glittering, and sealed again. I cleaned every room, making everything sparkle. I started to sing my favorite tunes as I worked. It was perfect, the rooms felt complete now that they were perfectly clean. I didn't know how loud I was singing until one of my stepsisters came in to tell me that I needed to hush.
They hate my singing and say that I can't do anything right. They just tell me that I should just shut up and get back to making their dresses. They're too funny for their own good. Neither one of them can sing or dance without people asking them if they need to go to the hospital. No matter their faults I still love them like family. We really are like a family; nice, happy, and together. I have my own faults too, though everyone seems to skip over that fact. Can't they see what is wrong with me? I guess I hide it well...
I stopped singing as soon as they told that I was being loud. Then went to finish the garage, it was very dusty. I had just started working on some dresses that are due soon at the shop when my stepsisters come in with smiles on their faces. I am glad they like how clean their rooms are. Cortney's room was a danger zone with clothes everywhere on the floor and piled on everything. No wonder she can never find anything!

They had found the sugar cookies I baked and seemed to have brought me one and a glass of milk. I put down the broom and take the cookie and glass from them. I downed the glass and ate the cookie in one bite, I was starving.
Then my stomach started to make noise, not your usual sounds either, then it happened. I felt dizzy, I couldn't get up. My body started to feel heavier, it made me want to scream. I had no idea what was going on with me. Why was this happening? The dizziness increased and I let out a scream. My body was trembling with pain and I needed it to stop. I looked to my stepsisters for help, but they had disappeared. I was in pain and I was alone. I cried out for my mom, but she can't help me, she's gone.
Then I saw her and my father hugging, they looked like ghosts. Then I passed out on the floor, my eyes rolling back in my head. I didn't wake up for days after this.
I woke up and my head felt like a hammer was pounding in a nail. I wanted the pain to leave. Goobers crusted around my eyes like I had been crying in my sleep. Then I felt it, or rather I couldn't feel it. I couldn't feel my toes. maybe they were just numb from my fainting? That had to be it.

I risk a glance down at my feet. My scream shook the walls. I had to be dreaming! There is no way that this is real. My toes are gone. not just one or two of them, ALL of them. I couldn't remember a dream ever feeling like this. This pain is real; this loss is real.
This isn't a dream, my toes are gone, and I am alone. I wish this was a something that I could just wake up from. That this was just something I made up. But it was real, it happened. I have to accept this. I am alone, always alone, and I am hated by my own family.
The milk must have been drugged, and when I drank it I was drugged. I am hated by my own family. I lift my head and scream again, asking why they did this to me. I don't wait for an answer; I just want to scream for all eternity. I just want to scream until there is nothing left.