Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Ella's POV

I finished the play with a flourish. I love playing and this definitely was the best thing ever. Mrs. Rule came over to me and exclaimed that I was like a fairy godmother, for this play, helping everyone succeed. I thanked her, she is always too kind. I loved her like a third mother, I had so many moms in my life.

My fingers feel free to right now so as people leave I just keep playing, on and on I go feeling a freedom that only through playing can one experience it. I loved this feeling the feeling of floating on air and never coming down. The feeling of swimming forever but not drowning I lived this and I never wanted it to stop I want this these emotion who make e me I loved this and never a wanted it to end but all good things must end so I will stop and talk to my friend that I have not seen in forever.

I walk backstage I feel someone follow me but currently, I am on a mission. I see Cassy, she still is breathing heavily from the nerves. I go to her and she smiles, that smile can only be achieved by doing what you love. She still wore her dress, it shimmered around her. I heard a squeal and saw Maizie running toward us. Maizie looked ecstatic, while Maverick had a very curious smirk adorning his face. I thought to myself why it was there but brushed it off to pay attention to the elated Maizie.

I introduced Maizie to my best friend Cassy. They hugged each other. I hoped they get along. Cassy got changed and then we went to a nearby cafe. I got the hot chocolate and sat down when a hand landed on my shoulder, it was so light like a ghost trying to tell me something. I look and see Zeke, he has his usual smirk on his face. He once wanted to date me but I had to decline, I didn't feel the same way. I don't want a ladies man one that once it gets serious it is over.

My heart would not be able to take it so I just said no. One week after that Cassy and him started and it is still as strange as it began. Neither giving their heart. I give heart in everything I do so I would not be able to do it. I start at Zeke just for a bit remembering things, then I feel eyes staring at me. I look up to see Maverick almost glaring at Zeke. Boys are weird. "Oh silly me" I exclaim "this is Zeke, Cassy's boyfriend". The look on Maverick calms down but still looks murderous. I ask Zeke about if he is ready for the dance recital.

He just smirks, Maizie looks interested so I will have to take her it is coming up very soon. I saw her eyes when she watched the play, she had a look of wonder. I love that look, people get it when they see something that they can see in their dreams. I use to get that look when I saw something that my stepmother did. Now I do the surprising.

The recital is next week so I will get to see her again, it will be something fun after a boring week of school ahead. I already have done everything and show me once and I can do it again, so I don't need to study. I usually bring something to do all day, only theater and art keep me busy. 

up next is the first of March or before that