Brett Talbot

"Why can't you just act like a normal person for once and stop being so controlling?!" Brett yelled, his fists balled at his sides. "I'm not being controlling! I'm asking you to please stop being so protective! I have friends that are guys and you need to respect that!" You yelled back, quickly turning on your heel and starting to walk away. Brett grabbed your wrist and pulled you back towards him, his hand grabbing your neck.

"Don't yell at me!" You stared at him in shock as you tried to get him to let go. "You aren't the boss here, (Y/N). I am. So you don't get to tell me what to do." He wasn't yelling anymore, but his tone was dark and you could tell something was different.

"Brett, please. Let me go. I'm sorry I yelled at you. Just please, let me go," you begged, still struggling to get out of his grip. "Did you not here me? I'm the boss. You don't get to decide when I let you go." He applied some pressure, shortening your breaths. Tears began falling down your face from fear. You've never seen Brett this angry. "Stop. Crying."

"Brett, please. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Please," you sobbed, trying pull away from him.

----------------

"Babe? Babe, what going on?! Wake up!"

You shot up on bed, tears pouring down my cheeks. You looked around for Brett rapidly, seeing him sitting up next to you with a worried expression on his face.

"Brett. I'm sorry for yelling at you. I love how protective you are and I don't want you to change. I'm so sorry," you spoke urgently, not realising it was a dream. "What? Babe, what are you talking about? Is that what happened in your nightmare?" You gave him a confused look. "Nightmare? That was all a dream?" Brett nodded, pulling you into a hug. "What else happened?"

"After I yelled at you, you grabbed me by the neck and told me that you were in charge, not me. You wouldn't let go of me. It was terrifying," you explained, digging your face into the crook of his neck. "You know I'd never hurt you right?" You nodded, placing a peck on his neck. "Good. Cause I love you." You smiled, lifting your head up so you were face to face. "I love you too."

He smiled and placed a soft kiss on your lips, before you both laid back down. Brett's front was to your back as he wrapped his arms tightly around your shoulders.

"Goodnight, beautiful."

"Goodnight, handsome."