|23|

"What's going on?" Xavier broke the silence between us. I quickly took a few steps back, opening the gap between Ale and I. Xavier was already upset with us and seeing us hugging was probably going to open up another argument.

One I didn't need at the moment.

My gaze remained on the floor as Xavier asked again what was going on. Alejandro couldn't answer he himself didn't know what happened here. He walked in on me stuffing my face. If I told Xavier what was going on he was going to loose it. He'd be disappointed in me.

"Is someone going to answer me?"

"I..." I mumbled tears welling up inside my eyes. He's going to tell our parents if I tell him, but if I stay quiet he's going to burst into screams like usual. Alejandro sighed, knowing well I wasn't going to be able to say anything.

"Juliana and I were arguing. I wanted to talk about what happened last night and she wanted me to drop but you know me, I never drop anything."

What was he doing? Xavier shifted his weight on his fit, unsettled by the conversation he was about to put himself into. I looked at Alejandro confused about what he was doing.

"What happened last night? Do you two have sex?"

My eyes bulged from my eye-sockets. "What! No! Do you seriously believe Alejandro and I would have sex?" I raised my voice, perplexed by his stupid question. I get the video he saw makes him have the assumption but grinning against each other is one thing but having sex with each other is a step Alejandro and i would never let happen.

"She was drunk and I was a bit tipsy. She started kissing me and instead of backing away I kissed her back. It was a intense make-out session nothing more. She ended up knocking out int he back of my truck and I couldn't take her back home like that, so we slept in the truck until this morning."

"So, this was your fault." Xavier began pointing his finger at Alejandro. I shook my head, signaling Alejandro not to take the blame. Alejandro ignored me and nodded.

"It was a make-out session one we both agreed was a mistake. Drop it Xavier, she's old enough to kiss whoever she wants." He shrugged it off. From the outside Alejandro acting cool about everything. It was a cover up though, inside he was cussing me out over and over again. Whatever he walked in to moments ago he didn't want Xaiver to make it worse, so he poked at a subject we'd need to talk about all three of us sooner or later about.

"She-"

"Oh for fuck sakes, Xavier. I'm seventeen I can kiss whoever I want. You can't keep trying to protect me, when you go off and kiss the entire cheer squad." I snapped, fueling myself with anger. I get he wants to protect me but he can't keep controlling what I do. If I want to kiss his best friend he can't get mad, it's a decision Ale and I chose together. It's none of his business.

Xavier nodded. "You're right. Do whatever the fuck you want, I don't care." He left the kitchen and slammed the front door shut.

Alejandro stayed quiet. "Thank you for-"

"Whatever the hell is going through your head or whatever your fighting with internally, you better stop it. Tell him the truth or your mom, but if you continue doing what your doing you're going to end up in a bad situation." He took a step towards me. He was upset with what he had to do. Although, we'd have to tell Xavier what happen the night before, he didn't want to be as harsh as he was with him.

"He protects you as much as he does because he's afraid you'll start doing that again. He doesn't overprotect you because he doesn't want you kissing anyone, he does it because he refuses to see you eating your entire life away."

"You know..." My voice came out small. Tears flooded my eyes again.

"Yeah, he told me and it's biggest fear. So how about you stop pretending like you're some badass who can take everything on your own and ask for help."

"I don't need help." I bellowed.

"Then stop trying to hide it from him."