|34|

(When the mood sets in for this song I will post it with the chapter, Eyes Closed by Halsey is officially the song for the love triangle between Lucas, Ale, and Jules)

Today was going to be confrontation day since everyone knows I am back in town they all want me to hear what they have to say about me bailing town. Lucas was the last person I was going to talk to about Saturday, I assumed he was going to be in school.

Usually, he gives me a hug but today he kept a small gap in-between us. By the vibe I was getting from him, I knew he was going to break up with me and a part of me wished he was. After this past weekend, I have realized my high school crush over him is over and I really didn't like him like I thought I did.

"Can we talk somewhere private?" He asked quietly.

I nodded. I took him over to the other side of the cafe where hardly anyone sits at because of low wifi coverage. We sat at a booth and he began to talk right away.

"I don't want to ask why you left with Alejandro that night, I don't care." Obviously, he did, his tone of voice was filled with anger.

"But-" Here we go. "I am your boyfriend and you decided to run into his arms instead of mines. How do you think that made me feel? I looked stupid when your parents ask me if I had an idea where you could've gone." He began to raise his voice but kept it loud enough where no one else could hear him.

"I was embarrassed and he was the first person I saw. My intentions were never to run off with him. Plus, nothing happened between us he went with me because he was afraid something would've happened to me."

There was no real reason why I left with Alejandro, the truth was we left in the spur of the moment. Neither he nor I thought about it. We needed an escape and the time came around. I didn't do it to make Lucas upset nor did I think about how it was going to hurt him. The support I needed I found it with Ale, even if Lucas and I were super close I'd run out looking for Ale. He's the one that makes me feel safe.

"Look, if you do not want to stay with me, I understand." I lead him straight into the tunnel he was going towards to. He didn't have to explain himself why he was leaving me, it was clear he saw no future for us.

He looked at me confused. "I don't want to break up. I really like you, all I ask is to trust me." He sounded offended.

From the perusal of my eye, I could feel Alejandro looking at me. Was he hoping the same thing I was? Did he want Lucas to break up with me so we could finally talk about the sparks flying every time we are around each other?

"Oh, I thought you were going to break up with me," I muttered feeling my cheeks turning red.

He cupped my face with his hands and forced me to look at him. "I want to be with you. I know there isn't anything happening between Ale and you, I was hurt you went with him. "

I see where he is coming from, if he left with a girl for a few days and I didn't know where he was, I'd be upset too. I'd probably stir up a huge scene about his actions. At least Lucas came to the cafe calmly and talked to me privately instead of causing a scene.

I grabbed his hands and took them away from my face. "I promise it won't happen again," I assured him. It was a promise I'll break eventually or at least I suspect I will. He leaned forward and I did the same. We kissed and while he wanted a full on kiss I gave him a quick peck.

"I have to start my shift." I lied. "But we can hang out this week."

He got out of the booth and placed his hands in the front pockets of his jeans. "I have a few assignments to get done but you should come into town. My roommate is having a party this weekend and I would love it if you were there." He smiled.