|38|

I watched as Greg administered morphine into my I.V. Before turning to look at Alejandro who was worriedly hovering over him. After the small freak out in the truck and Alejandro's discovery of my two inch wound, the ride to the hospital was a slide show. It wasn't cut into pieces for me the ride to the hospital, Alejandro was going so fast it was hard for my brain to register the surroundings. I was able to come to my senses to where we were when I saw the emergency sign.

Greg took me in and treated my wound, giving me three stitches and a dose of morphine for the pain. He ordered a CT-scan which he had received awhile ago before administering the medicine. I guess he was trying to see if the blow to my head was as serious as the symptoms I had going on.

"She has a mild concussion. Her brain doesn't show any swelling. I'd feel better if she spent the night here for observation."I tried launching myself towards them to tell Greg his idea was flawed, but he knew that already.

"But..." he turned to look at me. "Considering your parents don't know you aren't at home nor you want me calling them, which I should be doing. You have to monitor her, Alejandro."

Greg was risking his career for me right now. He had sneaked me into an empty bed on the maternal wing and his colleagues helped him get me into the CT room without supervisors finding out.  If my health was a bigger issue he'd have no other choice but to call my parents. He said I was suffering a mild concussion so it was nothing.

I feel perfectly fine.

"Yeah, I'll take care of her." Alejandro responded, giving me quick glances while talking to Greg.

"I'm going to give you a list of things you should look out for the next twelve hours. If for any reason you spot any of these signs you bring her to the emergency immediately.  This time with her parents with her."

He nodded. "I'll let them know what happened if she gets critical."

"Okay, the morphine should stay in her system for a few hours, so she'll be a bit out of it. The stitches need to be taken out in the next month. I can do that for her out the house, I can always take a few tools from here. Other than that, you two are free to go." Greg turned to look at me and shook his head.

"You need to behave! You got lucky the wound wasn't deep enough to cause any serious injury!" He scolded me. Alejandro and I made up an excuse of how I slipped while skating and banged my head against a corner by the exits. If we were to have told him the truth, he would've flipped as well, possibly even calling my parents.

I used all my energy to raise my thumb. Greg stepped out of the room for a moment to grab the papers for Alejandro.

"How did you leave your house?" He asked me curiously.

"A ladder." I giggled to myself.

"The best thing is to take you back to your house. That way if your parents try to look for you in the morning you'll be there." I tried listening to him yet his voice sounded far away. I nodded my head with every word coming out of his mouth.

"Okay, you're not understanding shit." He chuckled.

Once Greg returned back, he gave Alejandro the papers and took out the I.V. Together they helped me get up and escorted me to the front of the hospital where the Alejandro truck was waiting for us. Greg buckled my seatbelt and sighed.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Alejandro told Greg.

"I'll let Mindy know you'll be at Xavier's."

"Thank you! I owe you one for this." I heard him tell Greg.