.2

"Listen Boys and Maxine, we have a game next week and some news for the team," the coach was speaking to us before our practice started.

"News? Are we finally getting new uniforms?" A boy named Michael asked who played goalie.

"Are we scrimmaging today?" A guy named Marco asked.

"No and no now listen. Your getting a new captain," coach grinned as all the guys gasped except Zachery, Raymond, and Alexander. Zachery kept glancing over at me in my thigh high shorts and tank top with my hair tied up in a high pony tail.

"Who is it?" A 6 foot tall guy named Parker asked.

"Is it Raymond?" Austin asked as everyone kept trying to guess who it was.

"Max congratulations your the new captain of this team," he said clapping as everyone gasped except for Raymond who rolled his eyes and Alexander looked me up and down.

"Her? The freak?" Sal asked and I looked at him, but before I could talk Zachery was speaking.

"You don't call her a freak you got that salamander?" Zachery said grabbing his collar, but Raymond pulled him off as coach looked to me.

"Well have a good practice," he whistled over to the bleachers and started writing plays on his clipboard. I looked at the guys who were all mostly staring down at me.

"Alright boys let's stretch and run 5 around the field before we start working on our skills. Line up!" I yelled as I went to the front, Zachery walked beside me.

"Hey could I help lead?" He asked and I looked over at him as the guys lined up and I nodded slowly.

"Right arm!" I yelled putting my right arm across my chest as the boys followed. Held it for ten seconds and switched.
_____________

We were running now around the field as some fell back and some stayed up to Zachery, Alexander and I. We finished in seconds and slowly panted as the others finished and laid on the grass panting.

"Get up ladies we have an hour and 15 minutes left," the coach yelled as they stood up and took a sip of there water as I started grabbing some soccer balls.

"Pair up," I told them and all the guys chose there friends but Raymond, Alexander, and Zachery were looking at each other.

"I'll be her partner," Alexander whispered to them and Zachery shook his head.

"I'll do it. Don't want to leave you with the freak," He whispered back.

"HEY HOW COME YOU CAN CALL HER A FREAK?" Sal yelled and Zachery turned to him getting closer.

"I'm allowed to do what the hell I want salamander and I can say what I want so you shut your lizard looking face," He told him as sal gulped and looked at Alexander. Who was staring him down with Zachery.

"Boys you better stop fighting or I'll make all of you run again," I yelled.

"Shut up sal," his friend said pulling him back away from Zachery.

"So Maxine will you be my partner?" Alexander asked me as I was grabbing another ball and saw Zachery mad as Raymond was juggling the ball.

"Um sure Alexander," I said and he chuckled shaking his head.

"Please call me Alex. Alexander is too fancy and I hate it," he chuckled as he tossed the ball to me.

"Alright so since we had practice with Zachery we'll just recap and add a little more," I told them and they gasped hearing I said Zachery.