Chapter 46

I was unconscious... I think. Actually no. I couldn't move a muscle, but I could hear the voices around me. It was a form of night terror, I could say. It was like my mind was awake, but my body wasn't.

I struggled to move an prat of my body, to push out even a tiniest move as I slipped from unconsciousness into half awareness. The voices around me sounded distant at first as the feeling of floating in darkness started to fade, but then they became more clear and I started to connect them with names. My senses were starting to fall back into place and as U began feeling again memories of recent events stared coming back to me. At least I think they were recent, for all knew, I could've been sleeping for days. 

I tried to move again, but unlike before, instead of pure non-existent control over my own body, pain struck through me sliding down my spine and spreading across my whole body with each passing nerve.

If I could flinch, I would. 

If I could inhale sharply, I would.

But I couldn't, so I just tried ti relax in my own mind and wait for the wave of pain to stop. 

I tried to move again, nut I don't know if I succeeded. It didn't hurt as much this time... or maybe I just expected it now.

Soon the sounds and voices I was detecting around me started to fall in reality and I felt a rush of energy when I realized that my friends were right here saying my name over an over again. 

I gave my hands a command to move, but I only felt my fingers tighten around something. Someone was holding my hand. The palm that was holding mine started to slowly lift away from the bed, but I held tightly onto it letting my own hand raise up with it.

When my hand was back on the band lying along my body the room erupted with call outs of my name. 

I tried to move again, but I couldn't so I focused on the voices. On the guys.

Ben was on my right and James, Sam and Cam were on my left. When I opened my eyes I was immediately blinded with bright white light. This wasn't the first time I had this happen to me, so U immediately realized I was in the hospital. Again. 

Fuck.

I opened my eyes not caring about the sting this time as I met four pair of eyes staring right back at me. 

"Hey, Denis... Denis? You awake? Denis?" The all called out over and over again.

I reached out to the mask over my face and pulled it down. "Okay shut the fuck up!" I demanded not even caring about the weak state I was in. "If this continues, I'm gonna end up hating my own name."

"Almost dies and wakes up with an attitude." Sam clicked his tongue. "Who would tell?"

I wanted to chuckle, but a wave of pain stopped me, so I smiled weakly instead trying to sit up in my bed. 

"Denis, what the duck are you doing? Lay the fuck down!" Ben practically barked at me.

I gave him the look. "Whoa, chill with the fucks. You're at a hospital Benjamin." 

"Don't fucking lecture me. I've been worried sick." Ben defended himself.

"That's cute." I smiled at him. 

"This isn't finny. You could've died. Do you even know what's your case?" Cameron looked at me strictly.

"I've been shot." I said. 

"Yeah, not really." James muttered under his breath.

"Apparently the bullet that got you contained a substance that causes a temporary paralyses. It would be harmless alone, but your blood already contained an alone harmless substance, so when those two came in contact it created a chemical reaction that made your blood toxic. The doctors thought you've been shot near the heart and they realized what's up mid surgery and the anesthesia they gave you only made it worse. So yeah, you weren't just shot." Ben got out in literally one breath.