Chapter 47

Cameron P.O.V

"What is it?" I hissed as Ben dragged me down the hallway away from James and Sam. 

"You wanted me to pull out his infusion needle, right?" He asked me and I nodded.

"It didn't seem like it was helping him." 

"You were right." Ben said as if there was a possibility of me being wrong right now... or ever.

"Of course I was right." I snapped. 

I was so done with everything. I knew I shouldn't be taking it out on Ben as he was the only one to not call me paranoid, but James really made me lose my chill and I wasn't interested in getting it back.

"No, you don't understand..." Ben ignored my snappy tone. "He thinks the nurse is one of the Night People. He wants us to find the key of his room and lock him in there. He doesn't feel safe at all."

I thought about what Ben had told me for a second. I considered the option of that nurse being one of the Night People, but I never had experience with the Night People so I couldn't know just by her behavior, but if Denis thinks so...

"Where and how can we get that key." I asked ready for some action. 

"You're looking at me like I'm the smart one." Ben shrugged.

"Well, I'm not the sneaky one which we'll need in this case. That's Sam."

"Sam!" Ben yelled up the hallway as he pulled my hand making me move faster back up with him.

"Shhh!" I flinched as his voice echoed in the hallway. "Jeez... We're at the hospital." I hissed wondering why he even dragged me down here in the first place. 

"There's not a soul here." Ben said a we streamed up the hallway. "It feels more like an abandoned building used for hiding from zombies in The Walking Dead."

His words sent a shiver down my spine as I looked around us and realized how painfully right he was. There was literally no one around and every room I looked in was empty. I could swear there was people everywhere when we got here. What was happening?

As an answer to my question a blonde nurse almost bumped into Ben. "What are you guys doing here?" She asked sounding actually worried which was a big difference from the 'whatever' tone of the brunette that took care of Denis.

"Our friend is here. He's been shot and we kinda got lost while looking for his room." I lied keeping it as short as I could. 

"In that case he's not here anymore." The blonde nurse spoke. "Something went wrong in our lab and the hospital is being evacuate..."

Before she could finish her sentence a small needle flew straight to her neck vein. 

It wasn't even two seconds later when she fell to the ground completely lifeless.

Ben just stared at her in utter shock, but my instinct alarm started going off immediately. 

Evacuated.

She meant to say evacuated. 

I moved grabbing Ben as I slid a hand over his mouth and pulled him into the first room behind us shutting the door.

I pulled him down to the ground so whoever appears on the hallway next won't be able to see us as I became all ears. 

"Is that going to kill her?" A voice, kinda familiar one, asked as footsteps started to echo from the hallway on the other side of the door.