Chapter 9

HEYY SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING!!

Time passed as the group played, but Percy began noticing the small sad smile that Annabeth had. He wanted to ask her about it, but realized they wouldn't get much privacy and decided to ask her tomorrow at school. In the meanwhile, Rachel DARED (eh eh? Yeah I'll stop) Percy to go upstairs and do some of her homework. Everyone laughed as Percy complained that it was a weekend and that this shouldn't be allowed. But eventually, Percy did 5 math problems for her and the game went on.

Annabeth became less and less part of the group and was forgotten. She left and sat outside, listening to the quietness of the night. Not meaning to, she began drifting off and fell asleep.

When they finished their game and everyone started leaving, someone noticed Annabeth, and told Rachel. Being the cheeky friend she was, she told Percy who agreed to take her home. Careful not to wake her up, Percy gently lifted Annabeth off the ground and put her in the back seat of his car. He kissed her forehead and drove back.

The car ride was quiet, considering Annabeth was asleep, and gave Percy a chance to think back. He felt guilty that he hadn't noticed Annabeth leave. He looked in the rear-view mirror at the sleeping face of his best friend, but the thought of Luke returned to his mind and he felt tears running down his face. He had a chance to tell her, long ago, but he had thought he would get over her. Percy pulled up to the address, which Annabeth had given him in case he needed any homework help. He decided to knock and have her father carry her in. A middle-aged man opened the door, and Percy told him the situation. The man smiled and introduced himself as Chiron. He thanked Percy and carried Annabeth in and closed the door. But Percy didn't leave yet. He sat down in front of the door for quite a while, thinking and reflecting. He still couldn't believe he had seen Annabeth again. Maybe fate was tempting him, or showing him another path. A life with Annebeth. But that was impossible. Annabeth loves Luke, no matter how much he denied it. He couldn't keep falling for her. He sighed and got up, head still foggy and got into his car.

The entire car ride, he was in a daze. The girl he had loved, then lost was here again, and he couldn't be more than a friend. A tear rolled down his cheek once again, his vision blurry. Everything happened in slow motion. He heard a honk, and screeching tires and was knocked sideways, the world turning black.

SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED. BUT GOOD NEWS! I HAVE A KEYBOARD TO TYPE ON NOW! I'M HOPING I CAN UPDATE MORE SINCE ITS A LOT FASTER THAN USING A PHONE. OK BYE NOW!