Chapter 47

Annabeth's POV

I stood up from my seat and followed the rest of the students out of the room. My mind cleared once the warm sunlight hit my face and I felt my whole body relax. I felt a harsh tug on my arm and almost fell over, hurriedly straightening myself as the perpetrator lead me away. Spluttering, I looked at the person dragging me away, slightly concerned. 

"Piper, what the heck?" 

If she heard me, she didn't show any sign of it. 

"Piper, stop, I can't do this right now. I'm busy."

She wasn't listening to me. I dug my heels into the ground in an attempt to stop her, but she was stronger than I gave her credit for. This time, I actually did fall over, at which Piper cracked a smile. 

"Anna, you were never one to be clumsy. What's gotten into you?" She joked as she helped me up.

I glared at her. "I could be asking you the same thing. Oh, wait, I have been."

She rolled her eyes and continued leading me to an unknown place. We walked a few more . yards before Piper entered the library. There, she pulled me into a study room where some others were. Most I recognized, such as Jason, Hazel, and Leo, but there were two that I didn't. Once we were inside, Piper shoved me in, locked the door and stood in front of it. 

"What is this? An intervention?" I asked, a bit baffled.

Leo shrugged. "Pretty much."

I rolled me eyes. "Okay, I'm sorry I haven't hung out with you guys, I've been busy. Can I leave now? I have stuff to get to."

"This is what we're talking about!" Piper exclaimed. "You kinda just blow us off. But lately you've been avoiding and ignoring us. Anna, I need you to understand that we care about you and that we're here for you. We'll listen to anything you need to say or have on your mind."

"I don't have anything to talk about. I've been perfectly fine." Sprouting lies has become easier.

Piper didn't looked convinced. "Fine." She nodded at Jason, who pulled out his phone and typed a quick text. "If you won't talk to us, that's okay, but at least talk to your oldest friend. You trust him, right?" And with that, she unlocked the door and stepped out, everyone else following her. A few moments later, there was a knock at the door and it opened. Percy's appearance was a shock to her. Some may be able to overlook it, but everything about him seemed dull. His skin, usually glowing bright and healthily was now a deathly pale and his eyes were no longer had the sparkling sheen they used to. Those eyes crinkled as he smiled. "Hey."