Chapter 33

Annabeth's POV

It's been a week since I've been here. Luke hit me yesterday.

I didn't expect him to last long anyways. It's been over 2 years since he graduated anyways and we hadn't done as many big things as before. 2 years of no abuse is a long time, but isn't enough to break the habit.

So, when I tried canceling a date Luke had set up so I could hang out with Piper a bit, he slapped my face and yelled that I was ungrateful; that he was such a good boyfriend to bring me to dates in the first place.

We didn't go out. He made me go back to my dorm and stay there. But guys aren't allowed in the girls dorm rooms, so he stayed outside the building, making sure I didn't go out.

Instead, I texted Piper to find out her dorm room number, making up some stupid excuse about why we couldn't go out anymore. We decided to go to hers and have a mini spa day.

It was great to relaxed. My mind's thoughts dispersed to the back of my mind.

"So, you have a boyfriend?" Piper asked as she put a face mask on me.

"Yeah, he's two years older but I came here to be with him."

"Aw that's cute." Her face didn't match her words. I understood why. Once she mentioned him, my face went dark, I already knew.

"And everything's fine between you two?" She pushed.

No

"Yeah."

Longerish chapter?