Chapter 19

Percy's POV

Annabeth's been ignoring me. I don't understand why. I racked my brain for things that I might've done wrong but couldn't think of anything.

I thought maybe it's because I'm being oblivious again. So I went to go ask Rachel who proceeded to ask me to tell her everything that has happened in the last few days. I told her. She told me she couldn't think of any reason why she was ignoring me.

I went home, confused and angry. I thought everything was going great. I thought that maybe we could be friends, if not more at least. Maybe she thought I was trying to ruin her relationship.

I kept thinking everything over. Again and again.

I gave up eventually and mixed into a different crowd. I made new friends and stopped thinking about her.

Rachel moved. I didn't have her by my side anymore. She moved to New York since her dad found work there. I cried for a week.

My new friends filled my time and thoughts up after a while. I stopped thinking of relationships for myself and joined in with the joking ships.

Well they were supposed to be joking... until most of them happened.

Jason got with Piper.

Frank got with Hazel.

Leo got with Calypso.

And Nico finally mustered the courage to ask Will.

I'm the only alone one. I didn't mind. They never pushed me out or made me feel left out, but now I was the target of ships. They didn't know about me and Annabeth.

They shipped me with Claire, Grace, jasmine, and dozens more. I didn't really mind since I knew they were all jokes. But once they got to Annabeth and noticed my reaction, they stuck with it, unaware of anything and Rachel wasn't there to defend me.

Whoa ok whoops this story got dark um sorry? I just thought it would fit the crappy beginning I started with better.