Chapter 10

Ok then, sorry to leave y'all hanging lol. Ok you're just gonna ignore so whatever.

Annabeth's POV

It was past midnight when I received the call. I was about to go to bed when I heard the faint buzzing of my phone. It was an unknown number but I picked up anyways.

"Hello?" I spoke.

"Hello, is this Ms. Chase?" The caller asked.

"Yes, I'm Annabeth Chase. May I ask who is this?"

"This is Dr. Chen. You were the last person Perseus Jackson talked to, so we thought we should inform you after his family."

"What are you talking about?" I asked, concerned.

"I'm sorry. Perseus is in the hospital. He was in a horrible car accident. His chances of surviving are still unclear. We just wanted to inform you, he is allowed visitors maybe noon today. He just woke up." Dr. Chen told me.

"Ok, thank you for informing me. I will visit tomorrow." I said after a moment of silence, trying to keep my voice from cracking. Then I hung up.

I hung my head, feeling silent tears streaming down my face as flashbacks occurred. This was all my fault. If I was awake, I could've driven myself back. He wouldn't have gotten into this mess.

I cried for hours until I passed out from exhaustion.

***time skip***

I stayed in bed for most of the morning, only getting out to eat. It was 11:30 when I got out of bed and left for the hospital, hoping to visit him as soon as I can.

Once I parked, I rushed into the hospital. The receptionist told me I would have to wait another half hour so I did. I saw Percy's adoptive family and sat by them, introducing myself. They accepted me quickly, starting a new conversation about Percy's failures. We laughed and smiled at the sweetness that was Percy, until the doctor came in telling us we could go visit him now. Since only two people could visit at a time, I insisted that Percy's parents go in first and I'll go in later. So, I waited another half hour until they came out, apologizing for their time. I told them not to worry about it and they were pulled aside by the doctor. I watched as the doctor told them something and their faces were wiped of any happiness. They slowly nodded and walked out. Worried, I went up to the doctor to ask what's wrong. Apparently, it was a "private matter" and I couldn't know, but I could visit him now.

I walked through the early empty hallways until I reached a room that was marked with the number the nurse had told me. I stood outside for a good 5 minutes, eyes stinging, trying not to cry, until I placed my hand on the door. I wiped un-cried tears from my eyes and turned the knob. Inside, was a pale 6-year old boy who looked up expectantly. His face dimmed and I said an apology before ducking back out. It turns out, there's a 347a and b.

Embarrassed, I turned to the door next to me. I could hear the little mermaid playing from the TV and I knew I found the right place.

HEYY SORRY IM SO LATE I FEEL SO BAD. AND THESE ARE GETTING SO SHORT. I HAVE A LOT OF TESTS AS THE... HEXMESTER?? OK WHATEVER, HALFWAY POINT OF THE THIRD TRIMESTER IN SCHOOL SO IM BUSY GETTING MY GRADES UP. THANKS FOR READING!!!