Chapter 11

AHAHAHA SORRY FOR THE WAIT.

Annabeth's POV

I didn't know what I was expecting when I went inside. But when I opened the door, I saw a broken body. I almost cried just looking at Percy reduced to something as low as this.

I looked at the small, painful smile he gave me, as it let out a greeting.

"Hey."

I returned the smile as I walked towards the bed, the door behind me closing.

"Hey." I replied softly.

"Don't blame yourself. I can see it in your eyes. The look of regret and pity," he told me.

I felt every word he said throughout my head, a slight buzz that vibrated my mind. It hurt me to see him in this state and I wanted to cry just looking at him. I tried convincing myself he was right but something told me that it was my fault. Even if it wasn't specifically because I fell asleep.

"Annabeth, stop. I might've missed all these years with you, but I still know how you look when you're blaming yourself. It was fate, nothing could've stopped it."

"I know but..."

Percy looked like he was going to say something, but his eyes drifted towards the door and I looked back, seeing a nurse poke her head in.

"I'm sorry to cut this short, but Ms. Chase, Mr. Jackson needs his rest."

My face must've noticably fell because she looked at me and smiled. "It's okay, there's nothing stopping you from coming tomorrow."

I looked at Percy, and he smiled at me. "See you tomorrow?"

I smiled back. "See you tomorrow."

LOL SORRY BUT I FINISHED THIS A LONG TIME AGO AND I WANTED TO UPLOAD WITH ANOTHER CHAPTER SINCE ITS SO SHORT. THANKS FOR READING LOVE YOU GUYS <3