Happy Accidents

"Miss Pierce, your father would like to speak to you in his office." I looked up to the source of the voice by the door to find my fathers right hand man- Ross. With a nod I placed the paperwork of the latest drug deal in my desk drawer.
     "Thank you," I said as I walked past him and down the hall.
     "Alexis, take a seat." My fathers serious tone is all that could be heard in the large room. I remained expressionless as I obeyed and took a seat in the black leather chair on the other side of his large mahogany desk. "I'm sure you're already aware but Akio Amori the leader of our Japanese branch passed away last night from an accident during a drug deal." I had heard of the incident but felt little sorrow for the man. I'd never met him and the loss of a member isn't something a mafia princess should get caught up on. "Due to there not being anyone worthy to step up and take his place I am sending you to Japan do run that branch." I bite my tongue to hold back my amused smirk brought on by the new turn of events.
     I hated my father. No. He wasn't my father he was simply George Pierce. I hated him for everything he hasd done to me, for everything he does to me and for everything he will do to me in the future. So escaping him for now would be more than beneficial.
     "Yes sir," I stood up and George held out a file.
     "In here is the address to the headquarters, the men who will be working under you as well as past, present and possible future deals for the Grey Wolves. I trust that you won't fuck this up." He sent me a warning glare and I nodded once to show that I acknowledged his words. Not a moment later I turned my back on him and begun walking towards the door to his office. "The private jet will be leaving this evening, so be ready." I didn't bother replying but instead closed the door behind me and made my way to my room to pack.

~~~

So there you have it guys, the prologue to Guarded. What lays in store for Alexis? Stay tuned to find out!

Don't forget to vote, comment and add Guarded to your reading list!

Lots of love,
XOX

Published: 17/2/17
Edited: 4/1/18