Clean-up Job

On the ride home I informed Ichinomiya on everything that had happened in the interrogation room. You wouldn't believe he was angry from his composed manner, but I knew otherwise.
     "I called HQ, nothing has been left out and the majority of people have moved into temporary accommodation."
     "Good, I'm expecting a search warrant and a group of up to eight officers." I gave Ichinomiya a sidelong glance.
     "Only eight?"
     "Apparently there's only eight working on the case. Kishi must've known the group from when he occasionally worked," I smirked mischievously.
     "What're you thinking?" He returned my smirk with his own, curious one, and I then smiled cheerily.
     "Just about how accidents happen so very often," I shrugged and tightened my grip on the wheel as I turned up the road to HQ. "Gather everyone left into the living room immediately," I instructed Ichinomiya.
     He nodded curtly and exited the vehicle before I drove it around to the large garage. By the time I entered the main building there was a small group gathered in the living room- everyone I was most familiar and comfortable with.
     "What happened?" Aihara questioned as soon as I entered.
     "Yeah." Baba nodded along, the concern he showed on his face evident in his voice too.
     I looked over everyone for a moment. I still was a little taken aback by the situation. In all the decades the Grey Wolves had been around we'd never been double crossed. I didn't really know what to do but I certainly didn't want to go to my father for guidance.
     Aihara, Baba, Kisaki and Hishikura- along with Ichinamiya standing by my side. This would be enough.
     "Okay," I breathed. "To put it shortly Kishi ratted us out to the cops, he saved us some trouble and at least gave us a fighting chance by saying Soryu was the leader. But if we don't act fast- as in the next twenty-three days max- Soryu will go to trial, be found guilty for one hundred and fifty-three accounts of murder along with various false organized crime related charges and they will hang him. Kishi was given a reduced sentence for his cooperation."
     Baba and Kisaki gasped in shock while Aihara raised his brows in disbelief and Hishikura shook his head.
     "So what can we do?" Aihara voiced.
     "I have the names of all eight officers on the case. This is a simple case of getting rid of the evidence, the officers and getting Soryu and Kishi out of there. In twenty-three days." I finished off. The tasks were simple enough, I had no doubt my team could handle that; it was just the deadline, twenty-three days was not a lot of time to take care of this mess.
     "Give me names and I'll get their files from the stations system I can also corrupt the electronic evidence files," Aihara offered.
     "You read my mind," I nod with a smirked.
     "Hishikura I want you to work with Aihara. Get the officers files, work out their routines and find any way we can cause a little accident. I'd like a list by next week." I explained to the tall man.
     He smirked evilly and pushed his glasses up, making the lights above reflect on them, "easy."
     "Kisaki, Baba. I want you to work on a cover for you, Baba. You'll need to start working at the station, get rid of the paper files and find out any weaknesses we can use to our advantage to break them out." Both looked at each other excitedly and grin.
     "You can count on us, Princess."
     I passed Aihara the scrap of paper with the names on it, then placed my hands on my hips.
     "I'm sure this goes without saying but this stays between us. If my father finds out about this mess he'll have us all killed to protect himself."
     A grim look overcame everyone's face as they nodded in understanding.
     "If you'd like you can give me some of the police files, Ichinomiya and I can watch a couple. It'll save us some time," I offered Hishikura and he smiled ever so slightly.
     "That would be very helpful, yes."

     After dismissing everyone I walked to the kitchen. It was already way part noon and I hadn't eaten anything, I almost felt light headed. Ichinomiya had excused himself to do a sweep of the building to make sure everything looked normal while I began to make some omelettes for everyone.
     12 eggs later I pressed a button in the wall that rung a bell in every room in the building- alerting the Wolves of their feeding time.
     We all took our seats at the table and I told everyone to enjoy.
     "Woah," Ichinomiya smirked, obviously impressed.
     "Who knew you could cook?" Kisaki teased and I chuckled.
     "Yeah I do have some basic life skills, believe it or not," I rolled my eyes and continued with my much needed meal.
     After everyone had finished we stayed seated enjoying some much needed small talk, we'd all go insane if I barked orders 24/7, me included.
     But the table felt like it was missing something. Or rather someone.
     Soryu.
     Over the last few months I'd really began to get used to his cool and mysterious presence. Liked it even. That scared me, I'd never missed anyone- besides my mother. People came and went in my life, I'd grown used to it, I never missed anyone.

~~~

Published: 26/7/17
Edited: 6/1/18