Ugly Truth

"Hey," I said softly to Oh as I walked up to his dark grey Audi R8 which he'd just been leaning against.
     "Hello Alexis," he replied just as softly and granted me a small smile. "Come on," he opened the car door for me and allowed me to climb in before closing it and walking around to the drivers side. A silent car ride follows while Oh drove us to an unknown destination to me.
     I desperately tried to put my thoughts into some kind of order. Deciding whether it was really a good idea to tell him the whole truth or even any truth.
     The engine cut off and I was brought back to reality. "We're here," Oh announced before getting out, walking around and opening my door for me.
     The headlights give us a path of light to follow on the dry dirt. Oh had brought us to a clifftop somewhere just out of the city. The lights of the high rise buildings, cars and streetlights sparkled below and in front of us.
     Oh gently lead me close to the edge and we sat down together. I remained quiet while I took in the sight, none of us dared to speak until the headlights of Oh's car turned off and we were almost completely swallowed by darkness.
     "My grandfather used to bring me here when I was young." He started, clearly trying to coax me into some conversation. "I usually come here alone when I need to think and clear my head, I thought you could use that too."
     I moved my eyes from the city to Oh and to my surprise he was looking straight back at me. Only half of his pale face was visible thanks to the twinkling lights of Tokyo.
     "Tell me only what you feel comfortable with." I sighed and hugged my knees to my chest before looking away again. Maybe it would be easier to talk if I didn't have to look at him.
     "I guess I don't have to tell you much about my father since you already know pretty much all there is to know-" I paused to think for a moment. "My earliest memory was when I was seven. It was my birthday in fact."
     My eyes skated over to Oh who was patiently listening to me. "First it was the leader of a powerful mafia in Scotland. His name was Roy Thompson. Since I had just turned seven my father had thought it would be best to start getting me used to being part of the underground world despite my mothers pleads for him to let me just be a normal girl."
     "Mm-hm."
     "My father sent me from London to the capital of Scotland to meet with Roy. He-" I broke off, hoping I could keep myself composed for my next sentence. "He kept me chained up that weekend, raped me multiple times a day and tortured me." I stopped, my vision had become misty, my voice a hoarse whisper now and my throat had started to form a lump preventing me from being able to take in enough air but I stayed staring straight ahead.
     Strong arms pulled me in and held me close. No man had touched me like this and for the first time I felt it. I felt Soryu's arms around me, protecting me from the ugly truth.
     "My father convinced me that this is what princesses had to endure to be strong and that I couldn't tell anyone."
     "Jesus Christ," Soryu's pained voice uttered above me but I continued through my uneven breaths and tearful voice.
     "So from then on every year for my birthday I'd be shipped off around the world to different men, sometimes for a day or two sometimes for up to a week, whichever they were willing to pay for."
     "Alexis.." Soryu whispered as he gently brushed his fingers through my hair to comfort me.
     Although I was reliving the pain by saying all of this out loud weights were being lifted from my shoulders. I settled my head on Soryu's shoulder and focused on the city.
     "It only stopped on my eighteenth birthday. I guess I was worthless after that."
     "Sh, don't say that Alexis. It's the world that isn't worthy of you."
     I closed my eyes to stop my tears from spilling over again.
     "How could he do that to you? His own flesh and blood." Soryu was clearly disgusted by my father but there was nothing that I could do. We sat in silence for several minutes with me wrapped up in a warm protective embrace.
     "I never knew it would feel so good to tell someone. It doesn't feel so crushing anymore," I confessed.
     "I'll protect you from now on, no one will ever touch you." He promised and for once I felt as though he meant it, it wasn't just an empty promise like the ones I grew up with.
     I closed my eyes to savor the quiet moment and Soryu tightened his grip on me.
     Why couldn't I have this? Why couldn't I have normal.

     The soft rumble of Soryu's engine woke me up and I opened my eyes to thin slits to see.
     "Where're we going?" I asked sleepily.
     "Home, go back to sleep," he urged softly and placed his hand just above my knee. I silently obeyed and allowed myself to fall back into sleep.
     I woke up again a while later to a sigh beside my ear, once again I cracked my eyes open and saw that Soryu was just lowering me into my bed. "Soryu?"
     "Hm?" He answered once he's placed me down and was hunkered beside my bed.
     "Don't go," I pleaded.
     "Are you sure it's okay?" He hesitated.
     I could only nod in response. I didn't know what possessed me to do this, maybe I was just scared to relive my past again tonight, alone. I wanted someone to break my fall.
     "Okay, give me a moment to go change."
     Minutes later my door creaked open again but I didn't bother opening my eyes to see it was him. I could tell from the scent that filled the room, the sound of the footsteps drawing closer. Soryu climbed under the sheets behind me and I turned to face him.
     "Thank you," I whispered into the space between us.
     "Sh," he said softly before slowly wrapping his arms around me and pulling me into his chest.

~~~

I'm back bitches!
     I am so sorry it's been so long since I've written. I came to a huge writers block with how I wanted this chapter to go but I'm pretty pleased with this.
     Let me know your thoughts and feelings by voting, commenting and adding this to your reading list.
     You'll hear again from me soon!

Ta ta for now!
XOX

Published: 22/7/17
Edited: 6/1/18